Vegetarian Hors D'oeuvres

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

chicholle7401 Posts : 1 Registered: 2/16/10
Vegetarian Hors D'oeuvres
Posted: Apr 9, 2012 3:42 PM

I've searched everywhere for the answer to this question and I can't seem to find it. My fiance and I are beginning the process of planning and (big surprise) we've come across a snag. We're having a small wedding (about 50 people) and we know we only have one vegetarian coming. We're offering a vegetarian entree choice of course. The package we're getting includes passed hors d'oeuvres. So, the question is, should we choose a vegetarian hors d'oeuvre? It wouldn't even be a question if ANY of the meatless hors d'oeuvres sounded appetizing, but none of them do. Also, we're having an artisan cheese display. Could that count?

jjjune Posts : 60 Registered: 1/6/12
Re: Vegetarian Hors D'oeuvres
Posted: Apr 9, 2012 7:39 PM Go to message in response to: chicholle7401

As a vegetarian, I would definitely appreciate a vegetaring hors d'oeuvre. Even if none of them sound appetizing to you, someone else might like it.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Apr 9, 2012 8:47 PM Go to message in response to: chicholle7401

Dear Chic,

Why not contact that one vegetarian guest and ask that person what they prefer? Go over your menu choices and see what best appeals to them.

Something that might not impress you as all that tasty might be delcious to someone else.

nycnichole Posts : 27 Registered: 4/12/12
Posted: Apr 12, 2012 10:11 AM Go to message in response to: Aunt

I think that it would be nice to offer one vegetarian appetizer option anyway. A lot of your other guests might enjoy it just as much as the one vegetarian.

MemoriesGrow Posts : 5 Registered: 5/23/12
Posted: May 30, 2012 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

I agree with Aunt, ask your vegetarian friend.

We did that with the vegetarian entree choice (we had a choice of 3 vegetarian options and we let her choose which one sounded the best to her).

As for the passed hors d'ouevres, we have 4 or 5 and we (my fiancee and I) made the choice of one of the vegetarian options and we are also adding a small cheese/cracker/fruit station.

I'm sure the vegetarian choice will be consumed by non-vegetarians as well.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine