Guests taking shuttle to ceremony...how soon before it starts?

Online Users: 1,349 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 2

Lulu79 Posts : 19 Registered: 3/8/12
Guests taking shuttle to ceremony...how soon before it starts?
Posted: Apr 4, 2012 1:21 AM

If the ceremony starts at 5:00, what time should I ensure the vehicles drop off the people? (a total of 28 will be in shuttles) Others will be getting there in their own vehicles. Total of 65 guests, if this means anything in your decision.

Thanks!

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Guests taking shuttle to ceremony...how soon before it starts?
Posted: Apr 4, 2012 5:21 PM Go to message in response to: Lulu79

Dear Lulu,

Aim to have all the butts in the seats about 15 minutes ahead of the advertised start time. That will give people a few minutes, after arrival, to visit the restroom, make a fast cell phone call to the sitter, have a quick cig, etc.

So, do the math. How many people? Shuttle capacity? How many trips? How long is the shuttle trip? Remember to figure on round trip time, as the empty shuttle will have to go back for the next bunch.

Lulu79 Posts : 19 Registered: 3/8/12
Re: Guests taking shuttle to ceremony...how soon before it starts?
Posted: Apr 5, 2012 12:48 AM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Good thinking, thanks. I'm shuttling 28 people in two vans so there is only one drop off, so all these people arrive at the same time.
So 20 minutes beforehand sounds good. My only hesitation is that it is outside (under a tent) and if the weather is not pleasant (May 5th in BC) I'd hate to make people wait longer than needed outside! (The reception is in the building right next to it but it won't really be ready for people to enter. Anyway, I'm rambling.... thanks for the reply!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine