Ive tried everything!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

zoubisoubisou Posts : 4 Registered: 3/26/12
Ive tried everything!
Posted: Mar 29, 2012 4:58 PM

I started with Zumba,then I graduated to the elliptical. Now I am doing Brooke Burns Dvds, and I am only seeing VERY SMALL results!
I changed my eating. I started to get these smoothies, and whey protein. Eggs, and wheat toast for bfast, spple chicken walnut salad for lunch, and a small dinner, if nothing at all. AND I work out 3-4 times a week. STILL NO WEIGHT HAS DROPPED!
I definitley see reults in my clothes, I have dropped a size.

I have been reading some of the past advice, and I plan on trying to be as strict as possible with my eating habits. I have to let the sugar go, I just cant!

Thanks for listening.

jjjune Posts : 60 Registered: 1/6/12
Re: Ive tried everything!
Posted: Mar 31, 2012 6:35 PM Go to message in response to: zoubisoubisou

I'm not sure exactly what your gripe is since you've lost a clothing size. Who cares what the number on the scale says? Muscle weighs more than fat. (The year I think I looked the best was when I weighed more than 10 lbs more than my "lightest" year... because I was incredibly fit.)

I hate how weight obsessed we are. The number on the scale DOES NOT MATTER. What matters is how you feel, how you look, how your clothes fit, and how healthy you are.

zoubisoubisou Posts : 4 Registered: 3/26/12
Posted: Apr 2, 2012 12:06 PM Go to message in response to: jjjune

WHat you are saying is true, but I have had two kids, and I sit at a desk all day. I work out at my lunch time, sometimes I would get up at 5 am and go run. But I still had Two stomachs (lol) I didnt change the way that I ate. Its very hard to stop eating sugar for me! So I want to be hard on myself. I dont like the way that I look, and I am determined to change that. I am at a size 14 ,after my second child I was teetering at 16-18. I want to be pre baby weight which is 8-10. I wouldnt call myself obsessed, because I still want my sweets! But I am Determined to not have flabby chicken arms, and mamma gut/.

SleepingKat Posts : 1 Registered: 4/15/12
Posted: Apr 15, 2012 9:10 PM Go to message in response to: zoubisoubisou

I'm a personal trainer, and this is a mistake so many of my clients make. Don't watch the scale.

Really, I mean if you've dropped sizes, isn't that an indication to you that something good is happening? Weight isn't the defacto signal to watch, in fact, it's not even a very good one.

If you look great, fit your clothes, and people compliment you, it doesn't matter at all what you weigh.

As a side note, if you're working out hard, you might also be putting on a bit of muscle (which is a GOOD thing). Muscle weighs a lot, hence, you're slimming down while simultaneously not losing weight.

It's not a big deal.

Pussy Posts : 10 Registered: 4/17/12
Posted: Apr 23, 2012 11:52 PM Go to message in response to: zoubisoubisou

I just can't believe it. I am the person who cannot manage to eat less and do more excersice. Lossing weight is a big challenge for me.

DaisySibyl Posts : 19 Registered: 2/8/12
Posted: Apr 28, 2012 3:06 AM Go to message in response to: zoubisoubisou

If you lost a size, then you improved. Like someone else said, the weight can be deceiving. However, since everything is about calories, try to reduce them a little bit more (either through exercise or diet), and that should help (only if you do not progress)
wedding hair flowers

jonaslundberg Posts : 4 Registered: 4/26/12
Posted: May 4, 2012 3:04 PM Go to message in response to: zoubisoubisou

When You Just can't. Think twice Why You can't? As a human being everything is possible so why give up?

Fransk Lantlig Stil - Lantlig Heminredning

abpolo89 Posts : 1 Registered: 11/20/11
Posted: May 29, 2012 8:16 PM Go to message in response to: jonaslundberg

The biggest mistake you can make is watching the scale!! Measuring tape is your best friend when you are starting out with fitness. I have lost 20 lbs and 4 inches off my waist while doing weight watchers and working out to Insanity.

You should definitely look into it if you are looking to lose weight quick. Even if you think insanity will be to rough to start out there are other programs that can fit your needs and the best part is that you can do it from the comfort of your living room and you don't have to worry about gym fees!

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/AnaPolo

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine