Hawaii Vs. Italy Honeymoon

Online Users: 1,280 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

WeddingInvitati... Posts : 22 Registered: 8/23/10
Hawaii Vs. Italy Honeymoon
Posted: Mar 8, 2012 11:04 AM

Hi All,
My fiance and I visited a travel agent with Italy on the mind. Since we got engaged he said he only cared about 2 things: honeymoon in Italy and open bar. Well, we finally went to the travel agent and he told us that traveling to Italy (Venice, Rome, and the Almafi Coast) isn't ideal in October. He said it's like going to Vermont (ski resort) in April. He told us for that amount of money we could stay in 5 star places in Hawaii. Now we're torn. We think both would be totally beautiful but we don't want to spend a lot of hard earned long saved money to go to Italy and have crappy weather. We'll be there the first 2 weeks in October. We've never been to either places and to be honest I think i now lean towards Hawaii but want to make him happy! He says he thinks we should do Hawaii for our honeymoon but Italy for our 1 year anniversary. I feel bad saying ok lets do that just in case something happens and we can't afford Italy for our 1 year. Any advice? Any info on traveling to these places would be good too! Thanks in advance! So excited for a 2 week vacation w/ my soon to be hubby!!

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Hawaii Vs. Italy Honeymoon
Posted: Mar 8, 2012 9:25 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingInvitati...

Dear WI,

What's wrong with Italy in October? You miss the summer crowds and still have nice weather.

I went to Italy in Nov, 2010, and had a great time.

CarolRoberts Posts : 3 Registered: 3/23/12
Posted: Mar 26, 2012 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingInvitati...

WeddingInvitati... Posts : 22 Registered: 8/23/10
Posted: Apr 24, 2012 9:46 AM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Aunt - that is great to know! Our travel agent seemed very anti-Italy and it really made us question it. He referred to Italy in October to going to a Vermont ski resort in April. I think we're leaning towards Italy. Where in Italy did you visit?

lrussell28 Posts : 5 Registered: 4/24/12
Posted: Apr 27, 2012 2:29 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingInvitati...

I am travel agent and specialize in tropical honeymoons so I'm not much of an expert on Italy. Hawaii is amazing but it sounds like the two of you should head for Italy!
I do remember one of my colleagues once told me that fall, especially during the harvest time is an amazing time to visit Italy. The colors changing are supposed to be pretty amazing and I believe there were some events that were great to make it to during that time as well.
I also know that going during the off season can have some perks but make sure you have reservations as some places do close during off season. M
y colleagues email is ginawearin@gmail.com
if you want to get a hold of her. She has been in the travel industry for over 15 years and if you choose Italy she would be a great person to help you plan your trip and can give you a little more info on going to Italy that time of year. She is also a Hawaii expert so she would be great at giving you the pros and cons of each destination. I would love to help you but I'm not an expert on Italy and I know she can answer any questions you may have and plan you the honeymoon of a lifetime! Hope this helps!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 10:40 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingInvitati...

Ball Gown Strapless Ruffles Organza Wedding Dress Style Giselle
Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 6:40 PM Go to message in response to: WeddingInvitati...

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless CockTail Beading Empire Waist Zipper Chiffon prom Dresas
Save up to 30% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $118.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-cocktail-beading-empire-waist-zipper-chiffon-prom-dresas-p-32013.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine