HELP W/ US DESTINATION LOCATIONS?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 17

JandT Posts : 5 Registered: 1/26/08
HELP W/ US DESTINATION LOCATIONS?
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 9:15 PM

I live in Illinois and have been trying to come up with a location for a destination beach wedding in the US. We are trying to keep the cost down for our guests. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks all!

ps. This whole wedding planning isnt as much fun as I always dreamed it would be Frown lol

EveT2007 Posts : 1,949 Registered: 8/31/06
Re: HELP W/ US DESTINATION LOCATIONS?
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 9:21 PM Go to message in response to: JandT

Well, there are many gorgeous beaches in Southern California (San Diego, Orange, Los Angeles, Ventura, and Santa Barbara counties).  The challenge may be to find a beach that can be "reserved" for a private event, though, as they are mostly public beaches. 

Try this website http://www.beachcalifornia.com/beach-wedding-california.html  or www.herecomestheguide.com .

Another plus: it hardly ever rains there in the summer months.  I see from your profile that your wedding date is 9/27 -- pretty good chance of warm & dry weather throughout the region.

"When Women Vote, We All Win!"

EveT

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 9:24 PM Go to message in response to: JandT

JandT,

Don't worry, once you pick a destination it is a lot easier and more fun to plan!  I am from Indiana and initially wanted to do a destination in the states like you...after looking into it though it seemed just as expensive to do it here than somewhere else.  actually, the wedding and receptions seemed a lot cheaper elsewhere than here.  sorry i can't be too much help to you but good luck in your planning! 

MrsA2B Posts : 30 Registered: 4/10/08
Posted: Apr 16, 2008 1:48 PM Go to message in response to: JandT

It might actually be cheaper to do a beach wedding in the Caribeean than in the US....even hotel and airfare if your guests are coming from out of town already.

Perhaps what you need is the help of a wedding planner to help you find a location.  Both my fiance and I decided that the extra cost was well worth it to avoid driving ourselves nuts (and arguing!).  I agree wholeheartedly...this planning stuff is not easy much fun!  At least this part...finding a location and setting a budget!  My fiance and I have been doing research and figuring out costs, etc for about 10 different locations.  We've finally decided on Grand Cayman since we found a planner there.  Aruba was also in the running for a while. 

flowr Posts : 72 Registered: 3/27/08
Posted: May 2, 2008 3:42 PM Go to message in response to: JandT

Definitely Florida! many areas are not too $$ to fly to and it is easy for your guests to get there!! good luck!

elitegrp Posts : 1,048 Registered: 9/12/06
Posted: May 3, 2008 10:43 PM Go to message in response to: JandT

I can help you with either a Carribbean wedding or Mexico wedding.. however, if you need to keep it in the states. our offices are in Florida.. right on the beach..  so I can help you.. 

feel free to ask brides about us..  and ifyou are in the New York area.. I will be seeing tons of brides on May 8th at the Sheraton New York towers.. in the city..

Cool Have a great day! and Congrats to you

Tammy

kytten74 Posts : 3 Registered: 5/7/08
Posted: May 7, 2008 1:10 AM Go to message in response to: JandT

Hi! We are aiming for FL (Gulf Coast specifically!). We live in NJ and find that air fare and hotels run the range but tend to be cheap. But if we picked an expensive hotel, a cheaper one was always near by. Our wedding will be VERY small and we actually just decided to rent a beach house and have it all at the private house. do a Yahoo/Google search for FL wedding consultants and you will get the website for wathever that organization is called they all belong to. Then find the specific planner or areas.  I searched for best beaches in FL and used that list to work off of for locations since we want to be married on the beach.  Hope this helps (I cant find the link for that org or I would plug it in). Also try floridaweddingsdotcom for locations and ideas! Good Luck!!

SocalGal Posts : 456 Registered: 6/3/06
Posted: May 7, 2008 2:22 AM Go to message in response to: JandT

So Cal is great for all the reasons a PP mentioned, but I will warn you that it can get pricey...5K won't get you as much here as it might in Florida, or even Mexico (I know, not in the US, but the prices might make you reconsider).  You have some time...really do your research.

True love never has a happy ending; true love never ends.

Posted: May 13, 2008 9:04 AM Go to message in response to: SocalGal

In the US, I'd say that FL's gulf coast is breathtaking. The sunset is amazing..
Find me at Best Destination Weddings

My Bio (In the works)

Greg & Jenny - Le Meridien Cancun, Mexico

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Evil Vendor
Posted: Feb 18, 2012 1:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Evil Vendor

The OP is from 2008.

AprilTwentyFive Posts : 5 Registered: 6/28/07
Posted: Feb 19, 2012 10:33 PM Go to message in response to: JandT

A bride I worked with had her US destination wedding at:
The Herrington on the Bay
in Rose Haven, Maryland

Don't frown... I know a lot of people who would definitely want the grand Bahamas or Bora Bora type destination weddings but they do require A LOT of work as far as logistics and everything else goes. The great thing about having your destination wedding within the united states is, you can expect a much bigger turn out than you would if it was held overseas.

If I were you, I'd tie in my wedding with destinations that not many people have been to yet. If you choose let say, Maryland, you could always tie it with a tour of all popular destinations close to your chosen venue. I.e., The white house, capitol, a tour of DC, Bush gardens in VA, etc.

You want to stay unique? Make it an adventure to remember... organize a big roadtrip to the altar! :)

I'm actually a wedding invite designer, and this just gave me a nice idea for a wedding invitation. Thanks for posting this question ;) I hope I was able to help.

Sarah_Goody Posts : 1 Registered: 2/24/12
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: JandT

Hi, I am planning my wedding in the states (Boston) and a family friend got me in contact with a local person in the area who has been amazing. He's part of an organisation called Tripbod. I come from the UK and my Husband is from the US so it's been a real godsend having someone who knows the area so well as I haven't got a clue (and I don't trust my other half as he hasn't been back to his home in years). It is a massive decision but with some reassurance and local knowledge we've found an amazing venue. Why not post a similar request on www.tripbod.com/en/specialrequests, and hopefully they can come up with something! Hope this helps and have a fabulous time!!

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Evil Vendor
Posted: Mar 22, 2012 6:38 PM Go to message in response to: Sarah_Goody

Evil Vendor

Responding to ancient OP.

CarolRoberts Posts : 3 Registered: 3/23/12
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 12:44 PM Go to message in response to: flowr

If you want a combination of budget an things to do, FL has it.

CarolRoberts Posts : 3 Registered: 3/23/12
Posted: Mar 23, 2012 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: flowr

If you want a combination of budget and things to do, FL has it.

Edited by: CarolRoberts on Mar 23, 2012 12:47 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine