ENGAGED ON VALENTINES DAY, IS 7month ENGAGEMENT ENOUGH TIME FOR PREP

Online Users: 1,360 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

4HISBETTERHALF Posts : 1 Registered: 2/18/12
ENGAGED ON VALENTINES DAY, IS 7month ENGAGEMENT ENOUGH TIME FOR PREP
Posted: Feb 19, 2012 5:29 AM

I JUST GOT ENGAGED ON V-DAY AND WE SET THE BIG DAY FOR SEPT 1,2012. NOW IM FREAKING OUT! AM I GIVING MY SELF ENOUGH TIME FOR PREPERATIONS? ANY POSSITIVE FEEDBACK WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED LOL. AND CONGRATS TO ALL U AS WELL ;) IM LOOKING FORWARD TO KEEPING UP WITH EVERYONE ON HERE AS WE GET CLOSER TO THE DAYS...

SABRINA

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: ENGAGED ON VALENTINES DAY, IS 7month ENGAGEMENT ENOUGH TIME FOR PREP
Posted: Feb 19, 2012 9:57 AM Go to message in response to: 4HISBETTERHALF

Dear Sabrina,

It all depends on how elaborate your wedding is. Can you get your venues? Or are they already booked up?

I got engaged in late February and got married the following July, but my wedding was relatively simple. My mother, God bless her, did a LOT of work.

Please turn off the caps lock. It's bad "netiquette".

AprilTwentyFive Posts : 5 Registered: 6/28/07
Posted: Feb 19, 2012 10:44 PM Go to message in response to: 4HISBETTERHALF

I planned mine in 6 months. Time does fly by real fast brace yourself for the frustrations and the stress. I'd say 7 months is possible if you've at least booked the major vendors like the ceremony and reception venue. You will have to be very organized and I do suggest that you make it known that ALL final decisions are in your hands otherwise it will get very complicated. I've seen it happen too many times! K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple sister!)

Luxe_Productions Posts : 2 Registered: 3/19/12
Posted: Mar 19, 2012 11:09 PM Go to message in response to: 4HISBETTERHALF

Hi Sabrina!

I know I'm about a month late to the discussion, however I would simply add that 6 months can definitely be enough time to plan your September wedding. I would add to the others say that the toughest part will be getting your first choice in venue and some vendors. As a wedding DJ in Rockford, IL, I can honestly say that some dates book out up to 2 years in advance, while others trickle in just 2 months ahead of time. It's all up to you how vigorously you would like to plan your wedding. If it's within your budget, I would seek the help of a wedding planner so you can get help booking the best vendors in the shortest time.

Jason Schintgen
Luxe Productions
Link: http://www.luxemusic.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine