Buying a ring on Amazon.com??

Online Users: 1,369 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 3

Caite Posts : 5 Registered: 1/5/11
Buying a ring on Amazon.com??
Posted: Feb 10, 2012 6:36 PM

My boyfriend and I have been looking for rings, and I found one at a chain jewelers that I loved. . . but it was way more than I could ever accept to pay for a ring, about $5,000!! I love the ring but I will not pay that price for it. I have been looking online and I have found almost the exact same ring on Amazon.com for about half the price!! That's exciting but I'm a little worried that the quality will not be the same as the chain store's ring... Does anyone have any inside knowledge on this or if I need to be a little more cautious? I'm lost and any help would be much appreciated... Thank you :)

"More than anything and everything..."

jjjune Posts : 60 Registered: 1/6/12
Re: Buying a ring on Amazon.com??
Posted: Feb 11, 2012 12:38 PM Go to message in response to: Caite

Anytime you buy something on a site like Amazon or Ebay you need to be more cautious.

I've gotten what I thought were great deals on Amazon (I only buy smaller items like perfume), only to receive the item and find out it's a knockoff. But I've also gotten great deals and been totally happy.

Contact the seller and ask very detailed questions about the ring. Save the responses. A legit seller will answer your questions, and you'll have the responses in case the seller is full of baloney.

Personally though, I'd never buy something for thousands of dollars that I was going to wear daily sight unseen.

If it seems too good to be true, it's smart to assume it is.

Nicc0809 Posts : 4 Registered: 2/10/12
Posted: Feb 11, 2012 1:45 PM Go to message in response to: jjjune

If it seems too good to be true, it's smart to assume it is.

Very true.

AmandaKing Posts : 15 Registered: 1/6/12
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 9:25 PM Go to message in response to: Caite

I agree with not being able to stomach paying five thousand for a ring. I think PP has it right in that you should ask questions of the seller. Also, check the return policy. Amazon's is usually really good, so you may be able to get the ring, have a professional look it over, and return it if you don't think it's worth what you've paid.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine