Timeshare "Gift" vs. Our Plans

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

aea1 Posts : 27 Registered: 10/10/10
Timeshare "Gift" vs. Our Plans
Posted: Jan 22, 2012 8:51 PM

Hey ladies...

I started planning our honeymoon in South Carolina and fiance was totally on board with going there and we were researching where to stay & what to do, etc., and discussing driving vs. flying and all of those good plans. This was in like October, so we were getting the ball rolling on it (wedding is June 30, honeymoon first week of July). We didn't have anything booked though.

Then...fiance's older brother & his wife have a timeshare that lets them stay at several places like Orlando, Vegas, etc. Fiance's mom spilled the beans that they were going to let us use their timeshare for a condo for our honeymoon. She told us they would tell us at Christmas.

Christmas came and went and nothing. For New Year's, fiance & his parents went to his brother's house and at this time fiance asked about the timeshare because they still hadn't said anything. Fiance told me we might have to change the week we were planning on going and where we were going, depending on what's available. I told him I know one of their timeshare condos is in Charleston, SC, but he doesn't know if it's available.

I want to plan what & where & when we want for our honeymoon. Fiance thinks we should accept their gift and roll with the punches, even if that means we have to go somewhere else. But they never really came out and said (to me) that they would give us the timeshare for the week, and it didn't seem to me like they were very enthusiastic or eager when he asked them.

I know we need to get things booked, but I don't know if I should pursue this timeshare issue or go ahead with my own plans. What do you think?

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Timeshare "Gift" vs. Our Plans
Posted: Jan 23, 2012 9:06 AM Go to message in response to: aea1

Dear AEA,

Someone who knows the gift-giver told you the gift-giver's hypothetical plans, possibly before the gift-giver had made a final decision.

Now the gift-giver isen't giving the gift that someone else promised on their behalf.

Forget it.

Make your own plans and go on with your life. If Brother truly wanted to give you the timeshare, he would have already told you about it.

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Re: Timeshare "Gift" vs. Our Plans
Posted: Sep 17, 2012 6:17 PM Go to message in response to: aea1

A-line Gold Halter Sweetheart Drape Beaded Open Back Prom Dress With Sweep Train
Save up to 16% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $168.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-gold-halter-sweetheart-drape-beaded-open-back-prom-dress-with-sweep-train-p-31800.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine