sowedding party help

Online Users: 1,340 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 5

coconut Posts : 1 Registered: 12/31/11
sowedding party help
Posted: Dec 31, 2011 5:02 AM

So, a little background here. There is a couple who is getting married soon. I am good friends with the bride as well as the groom. My boyfriend is also good friends with the bride and groom. Now, I was not included in the bridal party, and I was fine with that, she has plenty of bridesmaids. I was completely fine with it...until I found out that my boyfriend will be in the wedding party. Now i'm bummed. I would love to be part of it because I would love to have pictures of my boyfriend and I decked to the 9's, sharing a special moment. He would be sitting with the bridal party, what about me? What do you guys think?

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: sowedding party help
Posted: Dec 31, 2011 8:49 AM Go to message in response to: coconut

Dear Coco,

You will still be dressed up, you can still get photos of you and your boyfriend together, you can still have a great time.

Where will you sit? Where they assign you a seat, assuming they assign seats.

Typically, during the meal everyone sits in their assigned seat, but after the meal, people get up and walk around. Thus, he can sit down with you, you both can dance with each other or with other partners.

During the meal, when he is at the head table and you are at another table, just make interesting conversation with the people around you.

In other words, suck it up.

AlwaysSublime Posts : 28 Registered: 9/17/08
Posted: Dec 31, 2011 2:54 PM Go to message in response to: coconut

As always, Aunt has the perfect reply.

I will add that I was in your situation earlier this year. My fiance was sitting at the bridal party table as best man, and I was at the guest table closest to them sitting with the bride's parents and aunt and uncles. I felt very privileged! I struck up a great conversation with one of her uncles during dinner, and before I knew it, it was dancing/mingling time and I was reunited with my fiance. :) All went well and we both had a great time.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Jan 1, 2012 7:55 PM Go to message in response to: AlwaysSublime

Ladies,

Year ago I heard Barbara Walters say, in an interview, that she could talk to anyone about anything.

That is a valuable skill.

I always cringe when I read messages on this board to the tune of "I want to bring a date so I'll have someone to talk to."

At a typical wedding, there are LOTS of people to talk to, all with their own interesting stories, backgrounds, opinions, whatever. This is a GREAT time to get out there and network.

Meet interesting guys that might be right for a friend of yours, or might be right for you should your current boyfriend take a hike.

Meet interesting people who are involved in volunteer activites that you have never considered, but might make your own life more fulfilling.

Meet folks who are in various employment situations, who might give you a lead to your next job.

Meet someone who offers life-changing advice. That happened to me in (of all places) Seoul, S Korea. I sat next to a nice English guy on the subway and we fell into conversation. He offered me a point-of-view on problem solving that I have never forgotten, and have applied it to my life and work situations.

Get out there and mingle, mingle, mingle! It's almost better to attend a wedding without sitting next to your boyfriend so you have more opportunity to chat up someone who you don't yet know.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 1:27 AM Go to message in response to: coconut

Big discount. any detail please visite to, http://www.juliebridalshop.com/

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 8:45 PM Go to message in response to: coconut

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine