I have until 2013!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

vickisrad Posts : 1 Registered: 5/29/11
I have until 2013!
Posted: Jun 18, 2011 8:50 PM

I not only plan on losing weight for my wedding, but for the rest of my life. I've always been a bit pudgy, but I just want to get back to a size 10! I'm a size 16 right now. Any help or advice? I already found a dress style that I'm in love with!

McCabeSoSoon Posts : 4 Registered: 6/27/11
Re: I have until 2013!
Posted: Jun 27, 2011 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: vickisrad

Check out 30 Days Til I Do from the ExerciseTV Store (Just google search it) I don't know why the star rating is so low on it, but I love these workouts and so does my fiance! We do them together in the mornings!

Also, make sure you work out with him. You'll feel more motivated and so will he! Also, it'll start to become more like a date than working out. It will turn into fun. Just stick with it!

Join a class at a local gym or rec center like Zumba or Spinning. Working out in a group setting is even more motivating because you won't want to quit in front of evey one!

Change your eating habits. Here's what we bought at the grocery store this week (and it wasn't too expensive...money is tight for us right now):

blueberries
raspberries
99% fat free turkey
Baby Swiss Cheese
Regular Sun Chips
Snap Peas (I LOVE these!)
Squash
Zucchini
Organic Chocolate Milk (How I get my chocolate fix! Try Horizon Organic Chocolate Milk. They add omega-3 to it so it's good for your brain! They also add a ton of vitamins!)
A whole grain bread loaf (Sorry, I don't know which brand) You'll know it's good if the calories are low (around 100-150 per slice) but the loaf feels heavy. The loaf will look smaller than a typical loaf of bread but it makes you feel very full. Always buy whole wheat.
Carrots
Italian salad
Red Potatoes (not fantastic, but not terrible either)
Roast (for the crock pot)
Organic beef stock
Veggie based Rotini
Fat free alfredo
Peaches

Keep lots of reuseable water bottles around and if you don't like the taste of water (I don't) buy a lemon and throw a slice or two into the bottle before you fill it. It's very yummy! You can also try adding other fruits like strawberries or kiwi. But not too much, fruit has sugar, too! It doesn't matter what kind of sugar it is (cane, high fructose, sugar) the body does the same thing with it.

Hang in there and make sure you get plenty of rest and take care of your skin and teeth! Oral health is very important for your general health.

Good luck!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If it could go wrong, it probably will. As long as at the end of it all I'm married to him, I could care less about the chaos.

acnescar85 Posts : 1 Registered: 11/30/11
Posted: Nov 30, 2011 11:01 PM Go to message in response to: McCabeSoSoon

try jillian michaels workout dvds. They are very good and easy to do. They cost very little too.

bridalbliss1 Posts : 2 Registered: 12/16/11
Posted: Dec 16, 2011 6:30 PM Go to message in response to: vickisrad

I have a great program that has been working really well for me! Its affordable and really healthy too (no toxins/diet pills, etc). Email me if you want to know more and I can share! abbey0422@gmail.com

StefanieSchr Posts : 1 Registered: 1/22/12
Posted: Jan 22, 2012 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: vickisrad

Hey,

i had a 13 before and are now size 10. its as simple as hard. for me it was: eat less, do daily sport (in gym), no cola/sprite etc....

im not into dvds for sport.. you do sport or not. dvds wont help.

just my 2cents :)

DaisyDot Posts : 7 Registered: 1/21/12
Posted: Jan 22, 2012 7:31 PM Go to message in response to: StefanieSchr

For those of us who have bone issues (like myself) DVD exercise videos actually DO help. Especially dice I cannot participate in an actual sport. So for you to say that DVD's do not help- get your facts straight. I was a size 32, and I am now a size 16. All from eating right, and exercising- from a DVD

Edited by: DaisyDot on Jan 22, 2012 7:31 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine