HELP! Wedding Under $4000 in San Antonio, TX

Online Users: 1,260 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

love4real Posts : 1 Registered: 12/3/11
HELP! Wedding Under $4000 in San Antonio, TX
Posted: Dec 3, 2011 4:10 AM

Hey Ladies, My partner and I were married 2008, he is in the US Military and we had to marry away from family and friends in another country, I am not from America but he is from SA. We are planning a commitment ceremony August 2012 for around 60 guests but I think 35-40 will attend. We are wanting to spend all up $4000 on the Ceremony and Reception but every website I go to the both start at $6000 min :( Ladies in San Antonio please can you help me with idea's for locations for our Commitment Ceremony.

TIA

Love4real

kate_m Posts : 10 Registered: 12/14/11
Re: HELP! Wedding Under $4000 in San Antonio, TX
Posted: Dec 14, 2011 4:48 PM Go to message in response to: love4real

I'm not local to SA, but we pulled off my first wedding for >$2000, so maybe I can help.

1) Unless you absolutely need to use the church, try an outdoor ceremony in a public space. Permits are fairly cheap. You can also consider an actual backyard ceremony.

2) Go cheap on the dress. I personally wouldn't spend more than $200 on it. Maybe $300 with inflation and all.

3) Ask for help. We had a friend of the family who just recently finished a class on fancy cake making, and she was happy to spot us the cake.

4) The only thing that's sacred is your marriage. If you have to skip the floral arrangements you wanted because it's going to break the budget, then do it.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine