Thoughts on Morganite for Ering?

Online Users: 1,286 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

Clinn Posts : 3 Registered: 12/2/11
Thoughts on Morganite for Ering?
Posted: Dec 2, 2011 9:04 AM

Hi all! My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over a year now, and we just started looking at rings :). I really want something a little bit dramatic and different (I like people to notice it), and I like colored stones. I think white looks poor on my skin. When we went to look at yellow diamonds, however, which were my first choice, the prices were outrageous. He is willing to spend some money on the ring, but I don't think we should go into debt for it. My mom sent me an image of a morganite ring in rose gold and I LOVED it. I did some research and liked the symbolism and the apparent spiritual ability of the stone to increase love. I also like that it is apparently a fairly hard (8ish on the scale) stone, making it durable. I am amazed that it is actually so affordable, almost cheap, which my BF expressed some worry over when I showed it to him. I think what matters, though, is that we get something that we both love an feel good about, and if I can get a beautiful ring that is a little bigger, which is what I want, without spending too much money, I think that this is a good choice.
Does anyone out there have a morganite ring? How do people respond to it? Does it seem to be holding up to daily wear and tear?

Thanks!

Re: Thoughts on Morganite for Ering?
Posted: Dec 2, 2011 4:03 PM Go to message in response to: Clinn

PS- I'm new here and just saw the craziness on the thread about diamonds and their "worth." I don't have anything against diamonds, I wanted one at first (not a clear one, though). We just can't afford it and I want to be sure that what we do end up going with will be durable and beautiful.
Thanks!

marylou101 Posts : 1 Registered: 12/7/11
Posted: Dec 7, 2011 1:12 AM Go to message in response to: Clinn

I own a morganite ring set in rose gold and I love it! My husband gave it to me a few years ago for our anniversary. I wear it in place of my original diamond. I had a rose gold wedding band made to match. Although it's not as hard as a diamond it's held up fine. I wear it every day, but I don't wear it around the house doing chores, outside gardening or in the hot tub or pool. I take the same care with my diamond or any other jewelry I own. I have an Aunt who has a beautiful opal engagement ring and it's held up for over 30 years! She just takes very good care of it.Also I saw someone with a nice 3 stone peridot wedding band. I can't imagine spending so much money on a e ring whether it's a diamond or other gemstone and then wearing it 24/7. It's going to look rough after a few years. Although my diamond ering is beautiful it's the morganite that gets the attention when I wear it out! I think its nice to pick something different and unique. I cherish my morganite and find my diamond rather boring. I'm sorry I can't post a picture of it, but it's about 2 carats with timy champagne diamonds surrounding it and 2 small pink sapphires down the side. It was purchased through jtv website at a very reasonable price, they have a great selection of morganite. Good luck!!

Edited by: marylou101 on Dec 7, 2011 1:14 AM

Posted: Dec 12, 2011 10:23 PM Go to message in response to: marylou101

Thanks! I was beginning to wonder if anyone here actually answered people's questions instead of just biting into each other over the controversial topics! Your ring sounds beautiful, I'm glad to hear that it is holding up well!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine