Knee lenght dress and cowgirl boots?

Online Users: 1,313 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

MrsWilliamsToBe Posts : 11 Registered: 3/5/11
Knee lenght dress and cowgirl boots?
Posted: Jun 13, 2011 12:09 PM

I'm from the south in Mississippi getting married next year (2012) in May. If you know anything about weather in Mississippi in May is that it's unpredictable and ALWAYS hot!!!! To go with that and to go with my personality and style as well as the same with my FH's I've decided to wear a knee length wedding dress and cowgirl boots (which will have my something blue, because the top of boots are blue) but I'm having a hard time determining what style of dress I want or what will look good with boots. Do I go with a straighter dress verses a puffier dress? What everone's thoughts?

save the date

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Re: Knee lenght dress and cowgirl boots?
Posted: Jun 13, 2011 1:41 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliamsToBe

Hello!

I'm getting married with boots too! I'm wearing a full-length cinderella-ish dress with mine (see my profile pic) and my bridesmaids are wearing boots with knee-length dresses. I'm also going to be wearing boots for the rehearsal dinner, with a knee-length white sundress.

I think that if you want anything shorter than full-length, you need to have at least a couple of inches of leg between the hem of your dress with the top of the boot. If it goes from dress straight into boot I think it looks a little....thick. I think thick is the right word.

I don't think you need a huge gown like I'm going to have, but I also think you'll end up looking "thick" if the dress is too tight around the legs it'll also give that "thick" look.

Overall, I recommend any type of full-length gown that is a little "flowy" around the legs, or a shorter dress with a little bit of leg showing.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Jun 13, 2011 5:19 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliamsToBe

Dear Mrs W,

I'd get a knee-length fluffy dress to wear with the boots. But, you might find some other fabulous combination. Go shopping with a friend who has good fashion sense.

txcowgrl Posts : 3 Registered: 10/27/11
Posted: Oct 27, 2011 10:48 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliamsToBe

Hi!!! My dress is a sexy form tight fitting long mermaid gown with a wide bottom flare. Simply gorgeous!!! My pointed toe crocodile brwn boots will be seen when im making turns while dancing. Lol!!! My bridesmaids will be wearing just above the knee a- line tafetta strapless dresses with a wrap on the waist. They will wear pointed toe slanted heel calve height cowgirl boots. It looks elegant & western which is the theme for my wedding. My colors are aqua & bronze brown. I did not want an original western dress cuz I wanted to look elegant & sexy but yet western. If u want more ideas feel free to email me cuz I have tons of decor I am making myself which reflects everything western themed. Good luck & only cowgirls can understand our western taste. Lol!!

Edited by: txcowgrl on Oct 27, 2011 11:03 PM

Edited by: txcowgrl on Oct 27, 2011 11:06 PM

Posted: Oct 30, 2011 1:55 AM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliamsToBe

BrittanyHeller Posts : 18 Registered: 10/11/11
Posted: Oct 31, 2011 12:14 PM Go to message in response to: txcowgrl

I'm just not a huge fan of cowboy boots on your wedding day. I understand that you are from the south and want to represent your roots, but to me it looks sloppy and doesn't at all match with wedding dresses. I think you should maybe change into a different kind of dress for your reception that would match with the cowboy boots.

beachgal2004 Posts : 80 Registered: 2/6/07
Posted: Nov 1, 2011 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliamsToBe

Go with what you love. Do you want a puffy dress or a straight dress?

:) love ya

Posted: Nov 1, 2011 2:04 PM Go to message in response to: BrittanyHeller

Sloppy is good for a cowgirl. If u saw my theme it says "Elegant Western Wedding." Meaning its ok to look sexxxxyyyy but yet have that cowgirl touch added in. If ur not a true cowgirl its hard to picture & understand. I wouldn't change anything about my decision especially since my cowboy finds it sexy. Plus im getting on a horse for my photos, before & after the ceremony. Heels just don't work on a horse & I would always regret not wearing what im comfy in; boots. Thanx for ur opinion anyway.

Edited by: txcowgrl on Nov 1, 2011 2:06 PM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine