Engaged!!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 11

yelle Posts : 3 Registered: 5/1/11
Engaged!!!
Posted: Aug 7, 2011 12:33 AM

I'm engaged! As a gift, my aunt gave me a two year subscription to BRIDES magazine so I figured I would check out this forum! How we got engaged:
For our four year anniversary dinner, we had reservations at a gastropub near us. We arrived, bringing with us a bottle of Bordeaux that we had been saving and brought back with us from Paris when we visited. Our menu consisted of delicious food, perfect to remember the night by: gruyere biscuits, truffle fries, squid ink pasta with scallops and pancetta, duck with kale, marinated fennel, and fried polenta drizzled with white wine vinegar, and for dessert, macadamia blondies. It was so satisfying, one of our favorite meals. After, we went to historic Winter Park to walk around the busy restaurants, closed shops, and quiet train tracks. For a night cap, we returned home to open our bottle of port from another one of our travels to St. Augustine. We sipped our glasses of port on our balcony, surrounded by our garden herbs, lit lanterns, and strung lights. And there, on the balcony on a quiet evening, he got down on one knee, with my mothers engagement ring. It fit perfectly, and I felt it suited me more than I could have known.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

OctoberBride2012 Posts : 5 Registered: 7/31/11
Re: Engaged!!!
Posted: Aug 7, 2011 3:20 AM Go to message in response to: yelle

Hiya Yelle,

Congratulation on your engagment :-).
I found this forum last weekend but I don't see a lots of movement here.

Hope it will get more "alive" very soon.

lilly14 Posts : 13 Registered: 8/8/11
Posted: Aug 8, 2011 8:47 AM Go to message in response to: yelle

Congrats!!!

WoodlandBride Posts : 52 Registered: 1/6/11
Posted: Aug 8, 2011 11:32 AM Go to message in response to: lilly14

Yelle- Congratulations and welcome aboard.

OB2012- There are a lot of weddings actuall occuring this month and next, so the boards do tend to slow down as several ladies are too busy to post. Mine is still 3 months away and I am already down to being on her 1-2xs a week, if that.

It will pick up again around the holidays (prime proposal season.) In the meanwhile there is a lot of good info and advice on the existing threads. You'll get responses now too, it might just take a couple of days.

Welcome, again.

EmilyEastondotcom Posts : 38 Registered: 7/16/11
Posted: Sep 5, 2011 6:18 AM Go to message in response to: yelle

The ring fit you perfectly, as did the evening. Congratulations!

Edited by: EmilyEastondotcom on Sep 5, 2011 6:18 AM

WinterBride22 Posts : 15 Registered: 6/16/11
Posted: Oct 11, 2011 11:11 AM Go to message in response to: yelle

Congrats! Good luck on the wedding planning.

Kaliah Posts : 3 Registered: 10/26/11
Posted: Oct 26, 2011 8:18 AM Go to message in response to: yelle

Congrads! hoping to be there soon myself... im new here and just joined today because im thinking my guy is going to propose soon.. I figured since everyone here has already been engaged maybe you or someone can shine some light on my situation and help me on how to conduct myself if indeed he is going to propose. And if what ive been experiencing lately from him is or isnt maringitus symptoms..lol.. I just posted my story in the waiting for the ring forum.. it would be very appreciative if you would leave your opinion or advice...thank you and congrads again to you and all the soon to be brides!:)

ItalianArmyWife Posts : 3 Registered: 10/22/11
Posted: Oct 28, 2011 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: Kaliah

Congratulation on your engagment!!!!! :-D

I received the ring last year... He gave me the ring after his deploy to Afghanistan. We went to Mexico to celebrate our engagment... Wondeful holiday!!! :-)

MariaPearce Posts : 20 Registered: 10/11/11
Posted: Oct 31, 2011 12:20 PM Go to message in response to: ItalianArmyWife

Congratulations on your engagement!! Your story is so adorable, and it seems like you guys are perfect for each other. Good luck with all the wedding planning!

AngeArmani Posts : 56 Registered: 3/29/09
Posted: Nov 4, 2011 10:56 PM Go to message in response to: yelle

Congrats...well done :)

All the best,

Angela Armani.

My very own personal blog! It's all about cake toppers! weird huh?

http://ultimateweddingtopperguide.blogspot.com/

Please do! I'm interested in your thoughts!
Laughing

BrittanyHeller Posts : 18 Registered: 10/11/11
Posted: Nov 8, 2011 11:33 AM Go to message in response to: yelle

Congratulations!! That is so exciting. As an engaged bride, I know it's a huge process to plan a wedding, so I thought you might be interested in attending this event that I'm going to on Monday in New York City! Here are the details from an email I received...

You & your engaged friends are cordially invited to the nation's ultimate bridal event, The Wedding Salon!
See the latest trends in table decor, entertainment, photography, favors, cakes and more.

Find the best vendors for your wedding!
• See a bridal fashion show by Jenny Yoo, Meet the
legendary Colin Cowie
• Enjoy Cake Tastings from Carlo’s Bakery as seen on Cake
Boss
• Honeymoon Giveaways, Beauty Makeovers, Cocktails,
Truffles, Cake Pops and VIP Swag Bags
• Meet Wedding Celebrity Shawn Rabideau from the hit TV
show, Bethenny Ever After

Monday, November 14th, 4-8 PM
311 West 34th Street, NYC

For Complimentary Tickets ($50 value, admits 2) use code PERC at http://www.WeddingSalon.com/Events.com or call 212.631.7777.

afterbow Posts : 10 Registered: 11/3/11
Posted: Nov 9, 2011 1:41 AM Go to message in response to: yelle

Congrats! Wish you a happy wedding then!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine