Looking for cuter ways to package our favors...

Online Users: 1,286 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

PinkBear Posts : 83 Registered: 7/23/09
Looking for cuter ways to package our favors...
Posted: Jun 19, 2011 2:56 PM

We are having pink and blue gummy bears as our wedding favors (our nicknames are pinkbear and bluebear, thanks to the guys at the fire department!)

My problem is I kind of hate most of the general favor packaging that out there. I hat the little boxes, I hate the little organza bags, I hate the tulle pouches...and whatever we use has to be mostly see though so people can see the little bears inside! I wanted to use the tiny mason jars but cannot justify that cost just for favor packaging...

I found this picture on style me pretty, does anyone have any idea what these little pouches are called? I've tried googling and all I can find are the plastic pill-box type of pouches. Or any other non-tradition packaging options? We will be placing the favors at each place setting.

Photobucket

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Looking for cuter ways to package our favors...
Posted: Jun 19, 2011 5:38 PM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

Dear PB,

That's a great idea.

My suggestion would be to go to some kind of caterer or restaurant supply place and see what they can do for you. If you are a "regular" at a local restaurant, you might ask the manager for help in finding a good supply company.

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Jun 19, 2011 7:17 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

I just went to a wedding yesterday and saw favor boxes like that, but they weren't see through. Give me a couple days to talk to the bride's mother and I'll tell you if I figure anything out.

Have you thought of the simple clear bags that fancier candy shops have? They're really inexpensive, see through and would look really nice if you tied them with a curly pink and blue ribbon. It's simple but you don't see it that often, so it's not overdone!

ENortey Posts : 4 Registered: 8/31/11
Posted: Oct 9, 2011 12:11 PM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

actually some organza favor bags are not that bad. i felt the same way too but i found this on the ad on one of the bridal site. i dont even remember which one...."tired of all the browsing"
it was this one here. a bride and groom

http://www.bridemebeautiful.com/product/bride-and-groom-candy-favor-bags

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine