Invite Etiquette

Online Users: 1,352 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

Howwonderfullif... Posts : 1 Registered: 9/7/11
Invite Etiquette
Posted: Sep 7, 2011 7:36 PM

So...I recently got an invite in the mail from one of my high school friends for her wedding. The invitation was made out only to me with no mention of my fiancÚ. I'm obviously not going to go to the wedding if he's not invited. Should I confront her about it? My fiancÚ, the bride and I all went to high school together. What should I do?!

EmilyEastondotcom Posts : 38 Registered: 7/16/11
Re: Invite Etiquette
Posted: Sep 7, 2011 9:15 PM Go to message in response to: Howwonderfullif...

Do you all live in the same town? Does she know you're engaged? If the answers are yes and I couldn't go to an event without him, I would just send regrets. I would not "confront" about an invitation.

jazzyb Posts : 3 Registered: 9/6/11
Posted: Sep 8, 2011 12:58 PM Go to message in response to: Howwonderfullif...

I think Aunt's advice is wonderful. Simply decline politely with a short note, and see what happens. Good Luck!

aea1 Posts : 27 Registered: 10/10/10
Posted: Sep 18, 2011 11:19 PM Go to message in response to: Howwonderfullif...

I would go ahead and ask her about it. Just call and be very polite.

My in-laws recently received an invitation to a young family member's wedding. Based on casual conversation with the parents, my in-laws were under the assumption that my fiance and I and his siblings would be invited. Neither the two sisters nor my fiance and I received an invitation. The brother and his wife received one, but there was no mention of their children. My in-laws received an invitation addressed only to them.

In order to make hotel accommodations, my MIL called the parents to inquire. Turns out, the bride and groom just didn't understand the proper etiquette in addressing invitations. We were ALL invited after all.

You never know--it could be a situation like this. Go ahead and call. If you are polite and she is truly your friend, she will understand.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine