Hurrican Irene- Was a hit, not a miss.

Online Users: 1,237 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

WoodlandBride Posts : 52 Registered: 1/6/11
Hurrican Irene- Was a hit, not a miss.
Posted: Aug 31, 2011 2:17 PM

Hello Ladies,

Let me start by saying I and my house/apt are OK, but so many of my friends, neighbors and co-workers are not. Irene may have gone easy on NYC and LI, but here in upstate NY she packed a whallop.

I live close to Scoharie, Middleburg and Prattsville. Google any of those towns and hurricane Irene and you will be able to get a scope of the devastation so many here are facing.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. If you are so moved, there are several sites through local news agancies set up for relief-- I am not advocating for any of them, but help is needed.

I myself am going to grab my shovel and wellies and head out to dig folks out this weekend.

A way you can help? Please donate blood to the Red Cross. It does not help us directly, but it helps the Red Cross who is in turn helping us.

I likely will not be able to be back much to the boards before my wedding in Nov. This has just set back too many things. I just want people to be aware as so many national media types keep calling this a "non-event" and claim the storm was all hype. Try telling that to my friends Dave and Tanya whose house was washed down the creek, or the farmers who have not only lost their homes, but their entire crop, or any of the folks in Prattville-who we still cannot get to and have to have the national guard do food and water drops from the air. Hundreds of homes are a total loss as well as businesses and farms.

My heart is breaking for my neighbors and I am doing all I can for them. Part of which is making sure they are not ignored or forgotten.

Thank you for listening to me vent and rant a bit. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Rebecca - Altamont NY

Edited by: WoodlandBride on Aug 31, 2011 2:18 PM

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Re: Hurrican Irene- Was a hit, not a miss.
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 8:04 AM Go to message in response to: WoodlandBride

Sexy Deep Sweetheart with Spaghetti straps Knee-length Organza Cocktail Dress
Save up to 44% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $78.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sexy-deep-sweetheart-with-spaghetti-straps-kneelength-organza-cocktail-dress-p-32631.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine