Guest Costs Couple Over $10,000!

Online Users: 1,243 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 11

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Guest Costs Couple Over $10,000!
Posted: Jul 13, 2011 12:45 PM

In a photographer forum, my friend Rob Sigler, posted this image (used with his permission) from last week's wedding. The guest with the camera behind the ceremony appears in many of the ceremony photos. Rob's assistant asked the man to move, but he refused. This will cost the couple over $10,000 to have the man photoshopped out of the photos! All because he had to have the best view and make a fool of himself. I sure hope the couple gets reimbursed from the guest.

Image:

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Re: Guest Costs Couple Over $10,000!
Posted: Jul 13, 2011 1:37 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

OMG that's terrible! How come no one just kicked the guest out since he was causing a disturbance? If the guest didn't have the decency to move out of the pictures, I highly doubt he would even contribute a dollar to the expenses.

LJ2012 Posts : 19 Registered: 6/15/11
Posted: Jul 13, 2011 1:43 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

That's terrible!

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Jul 13, 2011 2:08 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

Dear Mrs Leo,

"How come no one just kicked the guest out since he was causing a disturbance?"

Quoting Howard:

"Rob's assistant asked the man to move, but he refused."

That has to be the worst wedding guest story I have ever heard.

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Jul 13, 2011 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Aunt, I saw that, but was any further action taken? Did the photographer tell the bride or groom, or any family members about it? This person could've just thought "Why would I listen to the photographer, he's doesn't even KNOW this couple".

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Posted: Jul 13, 2011 3:22 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

Hello,

I can't directly answer the question about further action. However, when events like this occur during the ceremony, it is nearly impossible to get a family member to intercede. I'm sure the B/G were not informed of the problem because to do so at the time would have disrupted the ceremony. After the ceremony, it would have been too late and personally, I would not have said anything to the couple because I would not want to ruin their day.

As for other family members, they are typically sitting in one of the first two rows. It may not have been possible to speak with them during the ceremony to explain the problem and have them fix it without causing more disruption.

As the wedding was just last weekend, I suspect the couple is still on their honeymoon and will not find out about this until they return.

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

OfianHuntting Posts : 6 Registered: 6/15/11
Posted: Jul 16, 2011 1:37 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

It feels like somebody's watching me.....

He looks more like a Peeping Tom than a wedding guest! The nerve!

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Aug 25, 2011 10:47 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

This is a wedding guest, right? Someone they know? Honestly, this would not have bothered me. Unless it was someone I hated I would think it was hilarous! Don't they have a thousand other pics of themselves?

I know, I am being a little flip but so much happened during my ceremony that I wasn't aware of- like my DAD accidentally ripping off my veil while handing me over to DH! I honestly had no idea until well after when I realized it was gone! And I would have loved to have gotten that guy's viewpoint of it all!

Also, a cat spent 75% of our ceremony walking along the fence of the ceremony courtyard right behind our minister's head. :) Again, I thought that was hilarous. (We also are a HUGE cat family so it was nice to have one there! I literally wanted one of our cats to act as ringbearer but we had a DW and none of them are well-enough behaved anyway.)

But, it sucks if the couple is upset. I just wanted to say that I, personally, would have found it funny. Not good guest behavior but in the grand scheme of things... eh.

TonyPagan Posts : 1 Registered: 8/30/11
Posted: Aug 31, 2011 12:07 AM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

The guest would have thought instead of competing for the best angle with other photographers might as well he applied a little bit of creativity in order to capture the best moment. If he's a guest there is nothing much we can do though. He was just wanting to capture the moment from the best possible angle.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 9:23 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD.
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Cathedral Train Taffeta Wedding Dress Style Monalisa Royale
Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 12:44 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 4904 is just $349.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine