June 2012 brides. Who's getting married then?

Online Users: 1,340 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 58

annmariecoleman... Posts : 3 Registered: 6/24/10
Re: June 2012 brides. Who's getting married then?
Posted: May 16, 2011 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

That's what we are doing too. It seems that it saves time for the guests as well and for those out of towners it makes not getting lost easier. Some of the venues that offer a site for both ceremony and reception are really beautiful and very affordable. Just make sure you visit them and go with a list of questions. My fiance and I brought a friend with us too so that we would not be caught up in the idea and remember to ask questions and get feedback.

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: May 16, 2011 6:15 PM Go to message in response to: annmariecoleman...

Hey everyone havent been on in awhile been so busy with the wedding and work!! My fiancée and I are also building a house so were trying to get everything in place and off the ground!

So far for wedding plans we have booked reception, church, gotten quotes on flowers, picked the wedding party, went bridesmaid dress shopping, and picked out colors!

For the house we have picked out the house plan, are in the process of getting the septic design plan approved, getting the survey on the land completed, and getting building construction costs!

I still feel like we have so much left to do with the wedding and the house im really hoping I can get a lot done this summer.

For bridal parties I am having a MOH and a BM and FH is having a BM and 3 GM. For me it is easier having a smaller bridal party bc we are having such a large wedding and trying to get everyones schedules together is tough!! I also forgot to mention I am wearing my moms wedding dress which is originally my grandmas wedding dress ... And I'm so excited because I am having my first dress fitting tomorrow! I have to have the entire dress taken out and resized so I want to make sure it fits first! If not (which I hope it does) I still have time to find a wedding dress.

What does everyone else have going on? Any plans for memorial day weekend? I feel like time is flying!!

aea1 Posts : 27 Registered: 10/10/10
Posted: Jun 22, 2011 6:20 PM Go to message in response to: boomersbabygirl

I am also getting married June 30, 2012 :) Congrats!

Posted: Jun 22, 2011 6:22 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

Mine is in Missouri too!

WinterBride22 Posts : 15 Registered: 6/16/11
Posted: Jun 30, 2011 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: aea1

Really? Mine is in Missouri as well. Where at in Missouri is your wedding going to be taking place?

Chaseazalea Posts : 3 Registered: 12/7/10
Posted: Jul 8, 2011 11:39 PM Go to message in response to: aea1

We're getting married June 23, 2012 on Camden, ME, right on the coast! We've been engaged for just over a year, with just under a year to go now. My fiance and I live in Colorado, but I grew up in Maine. We're having an outdoor wedding in an amphitheater with the reception at the local Opera House.
I love our venues, and am getting excited for the kind of wedding it's shaping out to be. Granted, it's still a ways out, but it's starting to come together. Originally I was going to have kelly green as the major color, specifically for the bridesmaids, but I think the dresses are now going to be a dark navy blue. I will have the green accents throughout the reception, though.

spoiledluv Posts : 7 Registered: 5/3/11
Posted: Aug 24, 2011 12:13 AM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

Im getting married in Klamath falls, Or. on July 14, 2012

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Tornado_Bride Posts : 1 Registered: 8/24/11
Posted: Aug 24, 2011 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

Im getting married on June 2 2012!!! cant wait

AmyandNic Posts : 87 Registered: 5/1/10
Posted: Sep 12, 2011 2:28 PM Go to message in response to: Tornado_Bride

We are getting married June 23, 2012. We have been engaged since last June. We were suppose to get married at the end of July and then moved it to the begining of July and now in June. lol. No more changing the dates. We moved the date as the cottages that some of our guest will be staying will be cheaper.. like a $100.00 bucks cheaper so I didn't want family and friends to fork a lot out just to stay there if they wanted to. We are getting married on the beach but it's not going to be a whole lot of being a beach theme. Just a few things. My friend got married last weekend, chosed our colors with an extra color and beach themed, but got married at a hotel!!? It was a little strange, I would've done something more elegant if I was having it a hotel ballroom!!! :) I just felt like she took our ideas so heads up, don't go be telling your closest single friends.. LOL. She wasn't even getting married and then bang .. married. LOL :)

My wedding date is wrong so if anyone knows how to fix it, please let me know.. I've tried to figure out how to fix it but didn't work. 284 days to go!

Posted: Sep 20, 2011 5:32 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

Hey gals,

My date is June 30, 2012. I am confused on sending out save the dates! My roommate is getting married June 23 & she already has her engagement pics done and save the dates assembled, complete with envelope, addresses, and postage!

She has got me thinking that I am behind when I know I am not! This is not the only thing she's done too early that has made me feel anxious.

Help me out here! When are you guys sending out your save the dates? I don't want to send them in Nov. or Dec. because I don't want them getting mixed up in people's holiday cards. So it's either October or January. Your thoughts?

Thank you!

corenagiovanni2... Posts : 1 Registered: 8/23/11
Posted: Oct 15, 2011 7:56 AM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

Giovanni and I are getting married on June 2, 2012. The colors we're using are purple, blue & green.
OUr reception site is where the ceremony is, so we don't have to worry about that.

a href="http://www.weddingcountdown.com"> wedding website

LisaMarie3 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/22/11
Posted: Nov 14, 2011 8:39 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

I am getting married on June 2, 2012 and am super excited! We already have LOTS of things taken care of, i.e. the venue, DJ, photog, cake, florist, Save the Dates...addressed and ready to go out the week after Thanksgiving, officiant, my dress has been ordered, invites are being made as we speak! We also have our party favors, table #'s, cake topper, toasting flutes for the two of us as well as our wedding party, etc! The only we don't have yet is an aisle runner and we have yet to order our cake stand...but I have already picked it out! Our colors are hot pink and black accented by silver.

JensPlanner2012 Posts : 1 Registered: 1/17/11
Posted: Dec 3, 2011 5:30 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

I am getting married June 22, 2012!!! So excited! i have most things planned im thinking about where to go for my honeymoon. Anyone going to the carribean? please post on here where you are going on ur honeymoons id love to find ideas of places to go.

Leanne0514 Posts : 4 Registered: 5/1/11
Posted: Dec 19, 2011 2:46 PM Go to message in response to: JensPlanner2012

I'm getting married June 30, 2012. We got engaged this past Easter and have most everything booked and ready to go. The only big thing we have left to do is marriage counselling, which we'll be doing through my church (Methodist) as well as his (Catholic). We will have both a minister and a priest officiating at our ceremony. We've booked the church, reception venue, planned the menu, ordered the flowers and cakes, booked the photographer and had engagement pictures done, booked a band for the reception, chosen the music and musicians for the ceremony, picked out the tuxes and BM dresses, and bought my dress. Our colours are champagne, ivory, taupe, and blush. We've already sent out the Save the Dates and have chosen our invitations. I am so excited!

JamesAlicia0612 Posts : 9 Registered: 12/24/11
Posted: Dec 24, 2011 8:24 PM Go to message in response to: futureswedishbr...

My fiance and I are getting married on June 6th 2012 and I am SO excited!!! I cant believe its only 23 weeks away :/ I feel like I haven't gotten anything done yet!

Our colors are Navy, peacock blue, ivory and black. I got a color swatch from Dessy.com and its super nice :)

The bridesmaids dresses will be navy from Dessy.com
The groomsmen will be in black tuxedos with navy vests

My fiance will be wearing a traditional black tuxedo with a white vest and a navy tie, I'll be wearing an ivory wedding dress with navy shoes and a blue and white bouquet.

We have the ceremony and reception area booked, and the photographer but that's it so far :/ I live in a town where weddings can be planned in a month so I guess its no big deal but I feel like pulling my hair out when things aren't done.

What kinds of foods are you guys going to be serving? Are you going to have a dinner? What kind?

I'm having the hardest time figuring out what centerpiece I want... anyone have any ideas for the colors I'm using?

Wedding Tickers

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine