Grieving

Online Users: 1,292 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

juicygirl16 Posts : 49 Registered: 8/30/08
Grieving
Posted: Aug 19, 2011 3:07 AM

I apologize in advance for such a depressing post...

My fiance's mother's best friend recently lost her very young daughter in a tragic incident. The story has been public, so not only have the devastating details themselves been quite difficult to grasp, but seeing the story on the news has been quite hard to deal with, too.

I met the young girl twice, and while I know that I don't know her mother very well or got to know her (the daughter) very well, the fact that the both of them were so close with his family, and the way her death occurred, have made me very upset.

Our wedding is not until the middle of next year, and I'm sure in time I will feel better, but right now I have no interest in planning a wedding. I feel guilty thinking about anything but what happened, and I get easily irritated when people seem to not understand how upset I am. Thankfully I have a few very close friends who have been extremely supportive (for which I am very grateful), but I think it's difficult for others to understand why it has affected me so much. I feel a little awkward about it, because I feel like for as upset as I am, one would think they were close family friends of mine and that I had known them for a very long time.

I don't want to continuously talk about it with everyone, because I don't want everyone's moods to be brought down, and I don't think that by talking about it over and over is going to make me feel any better. But at the same time, I'm not the type of person to want to just forget about something and move on in order to feel better.

I normally wouldn't post something so personal, but has anyone had any experiences losing someone, close to you or not, or dealing with something tragic while planning your wedding? I don't want to remember planning my wedding while being so upset, but I also don't want (or have time) to delay getting wedding things done.

Thanks.

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Re: Grieving
Posted: Sep 21, 2012 1:50 PM Go to message in response to: juicygirl16

Ball Gown Strapless Ruffles Organza Wedding Dress Style Giselle
Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine