How to acknowledge courthouse ceremony at reception

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

SarahSarah Posts : 93 Registered: 10/9/09
How to acknowledge courthouse ceremony at reception
Posted: Aug 4, 2011 3:13 PM

1 month and 5 days to go!

We are getting married at the court house the day before our reception. We're just having parents/siblings/close friends come and watch.

I don't want any other family members to feel 'left out' because we are doing it this way, so I thought sometime during the reception, someone could do a toast acknowledging the marriage? But I'm not sure how it would be worded...or we could do a thank you speech to all who came? Or both?

I'm just not sure how to do this...

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: How to acknowledge courthouse ceremony at reception
Posted: Aug 4, 2011 5:26 PM Go to message in response to: SarahSarah

Dear Sarah,

"I thought sometime during the reception, someone could do a toast acknowledging the marriage?"

Sure, that would work.

One way to approach it would be to ask some senior family member, such as your father, to stand up and "say a few words".

(Father, mother, grandparent, whoever is considered the "head" or most respectable of your family.)

"It is my pleasure and privledge to offer a toast to my lovely daughter, Sarah, and her new husband Joe on the occasion of their marriage. As most of you know they got married yesterday (no need to mention the courthouse) and we are all here to celebrate today. So, here's to Sarah and Joe!"

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine