Night of the wedding plans

Online Users: 1,372 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

PinkBear Posts : 83 Registered: 7/23/09
Night of the wedding plans
Posted: Feb 12, 2011 7:06 PM

I would like to know what everyone did the night of their wedding (or are planning to do). Did anyone just go home? Or did you book a hotel room? Is it weird to check into a hotel room at 11pm?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Night of the wedding plans
Posted: Feb 13, 2011 12:29 AM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

Dear PB,

" Is it weird to check into a hotel room at 11pm?"

You can always check in earlier, get the key, then come back when the reception is over.

"Did anyone just go home?"

That would depend on who else is at "home".

I got married out of my parents' house, so going back to my parents' house for my wedding night was out of the question. We went to a hotel.

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Feb 13, 2011 12:02 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I have a question that kind of pertains to "wedding night plans."

I don't really have anyone else to ask, so I'm just going to ask it here... It seems like on a lot of movies etc. the bride usually wears something particularly "special." My question is, does she just wear it all day under the dress? Or is thee some kind of awkward moment where she changes once she gets to the hotel? I really have no idea, so I'm sorry if I'm crossing a line...

I can't imagine walking around all day with only my "something special" on under my dress... doesn't the bride wear bloomers or something? some kind of shorts under the dress in case she falls and ends up upside down in the middle of the dance floor? I always wear spandex shorts under dresses and skirts just in case...

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Feb 13, 2011 3:46 PM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

I had stayed in the hotel suite the night before, so we were already checked in - and it was the hotel that the reception was in.

I know others who checked in after their reception - no biggie in my opinion, but I would have an overnight bag packed, not ALL your luggage, if you know what I mean.

WW - I changed into lingerie too. :-)

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Feb 13, 2011 6:42 PM Go to message in response to: WellWisher

Dear WW,

" Or is thee some kind of awkward moment where she changes once she gets to the hotel? I really have no idea, so I'm sorry if I'm crossing a line..."

If the bride takes a few minutes to disappear into the hotel room bathroom and "get ready", that only hightens the anticipation for the groom.

PinkBear Posts : 83 Registered: 7/23/09
Posted: Feb 14, 2011 1:19 AM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Haha guys i feel really silly that I never thought of checking into the hotel earlier lol...That makes total sense! Yes, and "home" is not an option, we have a roommate who is one of the GMs who will most likely be there on the wedding night.

I plan on wearing comfy blue "bride" undies under my dress and changing when we get to the hotel.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Feb 14, 2011 8:55 AM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

For me, we went home to or first house together! I never stayed in the house until the night of the wedding. That was very exciting for me. To be able to make love to him as husband and wife for the first time in our own house together!

But there is nothing wrong with checking into a hotel earlier that day, or checking in late. Good luck!

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Feb 19, 2011 10:28 AM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

I stayed at the hotel the night before (in a different room) with my MOH, since DH and I lived together. We wanted to do the "don't see each other until the wedding thing" on Wedding Day. That morning, I checked into our room, and moved all my stuff into our room.

We left the next day to drive to our honeymoon, but we also planned on meeting all of our OOT guests at breakfast at the hotel that morning. Basically, we told them what time we would be there. If they chose not to come down at that time, that was their business as I was not going to baby sit them :)

Our reception ended at 9:30. And because it was at my church, and on a saturday night, I had to get it cleaned up and ready for sunday service. A couple guests actually stayed to help us, but it was mostly, DH, me, my parents and my MOH. I had a change of clothes at the church, so my mom and MOH helped me out of my dress. My MOH brought a change. The other bridesmaid did not. She hitched a ride back to the hotel with the best man, thinking he was just going there to change and would be able to bring her back. (that was not what his plans were though)

We finished cleaning up about 11, took stuff to our house and stuck it in a room. At that point, I found out my idiot diabetic husband had failed to eat ANYTHING at the reception (could have thwapped him! I had monitored his plate to make sure he did, and since he added stuff, I thought he had actually cleaned one plate and went for seconds, so I did not tell him to eat). SO he was practically at black out point. Made him eat something, then we went to the hotel and got to our room about 11:30.

Needless to say, we were exhausted.

And why did I have to clean up my own reception? Because my mother threw a massive bitch fest when she thought it would be up to her on her own. I was not going to do that to her. The thing that took the longest was putting the chairs and tables up. And my mom kept with the "do you want to keep this....?" Basically No...not really. I ask you.... why would I need to keep 100 decorated plastic cups? (you know, the disposable kind? I had decorated them and put goldfish crackers in them) "but they look so nice!"

I used disposable so they could be DISPOSED.

Misty

Tamala1027 Posts : 6 Registered: 7/12/11
Posted: Aug 2, 2011 7:01 PM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

If you can't check in earlier it's not a problem. Let the hotel know it's your wedding night and you will be arriving late and it won't be an issue at all.

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: PinkBear

A-Line Straight Neckline Strapless Wedding Gown with Delicate Lace Applique Tulle Dress
Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine