NWR: Do you read???? !!!!!BOOK WORMS UNITE!!!! LOL

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 555

Kristian Posts : 15 Registered: 8/24/08
Re: NWR: Do you read???? !!!!!BOOK WORMS UNITE!!!! LOL
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 11:47 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

I have been looking for a post like this. I've been reading since I was 4 and I devour every book that I read. I actually have a list of books that I will Read Next....here is my RN list:

1. Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
2. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray (yet again)
3. Rebel Angels by Libba Bray (yet again)
4. The Sweet and Far Thing by Libba Bray
5. City of Bones by Cassaundra Clare (yet again)
6. City of Ashes by Cassaundra Clare
7. City of Glass by Cassaundra Clare (out March 24,2009)
8. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (for the 6th time)

I am mostly into fantasy and magic and that kind of stuff....Though I read other things. I like the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard, The Clique series by Lisi Harrison, and James Patterson's Maximum Ride saga. I do like teenage girl books (I am 20 and I read The Clique...LOL) My favorite authors are: Diane Setterfield, J.K. Rowling, Christopher Paolini, James Patterson, Sara Shepard, and Stephenie Meyer (Edward and Bella: FOREVER....literally...lol)!

I am huge reader (and writer). Currently, I am reading the second novel in Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle: Eldest.

Does anyone else read books more than one time? And, does anyone else write?

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 8:22 PM Go to message in response to: Kristian

Kristian:

You asked if anyone writes. I do. I'm not publishable yet; however, I do have some fanfiction available online: http://www.fanfiction.net/~lissagrinstead

Misty

Visit our Wedding Website

C.A.T., P.O.O.P.

Nalamienea Posts : 2,924 Registered: 6/13/08
Posted: Feb 18, 2009 8:48 PM Go to message in response to: CatStandish

I'm reading constantly, but I kinda consider what I read to be "trash." LOL It's all very escapist, sci-fi or fiction fantasy. Mostly it's nothing too hard on the brain. If I wanted that I'd actually read my text books. :P

IMG_7463.jpg picture by sarahandchris2008

10/26/08 

Posted: Feb 19, 2009 1:06 PM Go to message in response to: Nalamienea

Misty,

I used to be obsessed with writing fan fiction...i was on a harry potter website that had a place to post just HP fanfic....i wrote like 6 stories....had ideas for 9...and yeah....it basically took over my life, so i had to quit....

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: Kristian

So umm...... what's fanfiction? I always wanted to be a writer, and after reading the twilight saga AGAIN I had a dream and an amazing story came to mind when I woke up. I thought about sitting down and writing it out, but I'm not exactly sure of it....

Kristian-you like Stephenie Meyer too? Have you read The Host? I thought it took a while to get into, but once I was caught up in it, I couldn't put it down! I loved it :)

JessyNChris Posts : 120 Registered: 4/3/08
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 6:17 PM Go to message in response to: Kristian

I love to write too. I haven't published anything yet. I love to read too. I have many books I haven't read yet. I'm reading right now a funny romance book called "Devil In Spurs" by:Norah Hess. I'm going to try to read Twilight. My FH loves to read books and write. He has said that he hopes to own a bookstore someday. I hope he does so I can get books on discount.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting  Waiting to be Mrs. Styskal 

jsbride2be Posts : 17 Registered: 2/7/09
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 6:58 PM Go to message in response to: JessyNChris

OMG books! i love to read!

lol my fav type of books to read are horror,romance,horror/romance lmao,sci fi more dean koontz type sci fi stuff,uhmm anything with vampires in it haha, suspense,short story books,mystery,and any of those combined! i cant really think of any authors atm that sucks but i will def look up the ones i have read and post them here. i havent read a book in soo long when we moved i had t o leave my books there : ( but not for long haha. so tell me some good books to read based on those genres please

CatStandish Posts : 2,766 Registered: 6/20/08
Posted: Feb 19, 2009 7:01 PM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

Destiny... fanfiction is just that -- fiction written by fans. Basically, the story you had that you wanted to write about Twilight -- that's fanfiction.

I have written for The Magnificent Seven, Quantum Leap and Time Trax (and a brief foray into Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, but that was a Magnificent Seven crossover). There are a lot of AMAZING writers out there (and a lot who really are quite, well.... awful, if it must be said). Watch out for fandoms though.... some are pretty snippy. (That was what I was getting worried about a couple weeks ago when there was ruckus here.)

Misty

Visit our Wedding Website

C.A.T., P.O.O.P.

Posted: Feb 20, 2009 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

Destiny - I didn't have the same problem you did with the Host. I read an excerpt (the first chapter) that was on Stephenie Meyer's website and completely fell into the story....about 3 months before I ever picked up the book and held it in my hands. I devoured the book...but that's not saying much because I devour most of what I read. But yes, I have read The Host and I am a huge fan of Stephenie Meyer...though it sucks about what has happened with her Edward Version of Twilight...LOL.

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 10:33 AM Go to message in response to: Kristian

Oh I agree. I want Midnight Sun to be released SO BAD. And honestly, I think she probably IS working on it, in secret. And it will be surprise when she finally releases it. At least she's saying she WILL finish it and it WILL be released. I fell in love with the version she put on her site, although it killed my eyes to read that much on my computer screen lol. Man I love the twilight saga... My FH's ex wife and I (yeah, I know, odd, but we're friends and we bond over Twilight lol) are going to a midnight dvd release party together. I can't wait. :) And FH bought a blu-ray player so I could get twilight on bluray so edward will REALLY sparkle HAHAHAHAHA

nearlymrsn Posts : 25 Registered: 11/7/08
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 12:31 PM Go to message in response to: Destiny123

As a book addict myself, I'm so excited to see this thread active. I have so many books, I had to buy a card catolog system to keep them organized!

I, too, loved the Twilight series. Those of you who have read it, have you read the Blue Bloods books by Melissa De La Cruz? They're another interesting twist on vampires. I just recently finished Mysteria, which is a group of stories written by Mary Janice Davidson, Susan Grant, P.C. Cast, and Gena Showalter. It has vampires, werewolves and other supernatural creatures in addition to romance.

The Libba Bray books are wonderful! I was sad to see how the third one ended, but they were all so well written that I've read them many times.

Other favorite authors include: Nora Roberts (though I like her crime stuff more than her romance), Jude Deveraux, Meg Cabot (her Heather Wells books are too funny!), and Mary Hoffman for her Stravaganza series. I'm always open to new suggestions though.
Nearly Mrs. Nierling

MrsMcCain Posts : 580 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 5:24 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

Ashley

Which James Patterson book are you talking about? I love the Alex Cross series, and I am reading "Double Cross" right now. I've been reading his books and this series in particular for years!

I also love love love Harry Potter and have read all 7 books many times. I am such a geek that I bought most of them at midnight the day they came out.

I also read the Da Vinci Code a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised, it really kept me on my feet. It was a very good book and I would highly recommend it (the movie was not so good though) in my opinion.

Edited by: MrsMcCain on Feb 20, 2009 5:25 PM

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 1:33 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcCain

Oh, I loved the movie (Da Vinci Code)...but of course...i messed up in Book Gone Movie World...I didn't read the book first, or ever for that matter, and Ron Howard is my favorite director....so I can't say that many bad things about him. LOL... I love Harry Potter too...my favorite book, HPHBP, is a movie now (will be out July 17, 2009) and I cannot wait to see it....I don't critize the movies cuz i know they are movies and the books are the books. Two different things. The books are the true story and that's good enough for me. Oh, and HPHBP is: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, for those who don't know! (where have you been, under a rock?.....j/k, lol!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10743;3/st/20101010/e/I+will+marry+my+Goofball+/k/d32a/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Ashleyl525 Posts : 1,590 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: Jul 29, 2011 12:56 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

WOW!! I FOUND IT!!!

Here you all go!! Wormies its so good to be back

GraceKelly Posts : 15 Registered: 10/7/11
Posted: Nov 2, 2011 7:01 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleyl525

I love reading! Anything I can get my hands on. Right now I'm reading book 4 of the Song of Ice and fire book series (the ones Game of Thrones is based on)...I'm totally hooked!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine