Ring or no ring?

Online Users: 1,287 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 4

Alexa12 Posts : 4 Registered: 7/17/11
Ring or no ring?
Posted: Jul 18, 2011 9:02 AM

I recently became engaged, and I have a friend who asked me how important I feel an engagement ring is to marriage. My fiancÚ chose one for me, but I still don't know how to answer her since I'm new to this myself.

Is it better to go ring, or no ring? How important is it? Does it say something if you don't have/wear one?

Edited by: Alexa12 on Jul 18, 2011 9:03 AM

WoodlandBride Posts : 52 Registered: 1/6/11
Re: Ring or no ring?
Posted: Jul 18, 2011 9:36 AM Go to message in response to: Alexa12

There is no written (or unwritten) rule that you must have an engagement ring.

You and your fiance have agreed to marry and you are calling yourself engaged. You said FH has a ring picked out, but another friend asked how important it was? I am going to assume that this friend has talked to your FH about it. You did not give us a lot of detail so I am thinking the conversation went one of 2 ways:

1) Him: I picked out this ring, do you think she'll like it?
Friend (thinking) - Wow that is really tiny I hope she won't be disappointed

OR

2) Him- I really can't afford a ring, do you think she'll be OK with that?

Either way you have a budget conscious FH and that is a good thing. My suggestion is this- talk to him directly. Discuss the options and reasons, as well as how you feel, in having an engagement ring. It's a good start to really learning how to make important decisions together.

If you should decide to forgo the ring, don't let what other people might say intimidate you. "I do not need a ring to prove he loves me and wants to marry me, his gave me his word"

Congratulations on your engagement!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 2:13 AM Go to message in response to: Alexa12

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

liz99 Posts : 4 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 4:11 AM Go to message in response to: Alexa12

I think the ring is very important, it is a proof that means you are have a family.

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: Alexa12

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45682.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine