Tame frizz

Online Users: 1,361 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

Chaseazalea Posts : 3 Registered: 12/7/10
Tame frizz
Posted: Jul 8, 2011 11:24 PM

I am getting married next June on the coast of Maine, and when I was back there a few weeks ago, my hair was so frizzy and doubled in size(I don't remember that about my hair acting like that when I lived there)! I already have thick hair, and don't need it any bigger.
I really want to have my hair look like Rita Hayworth's, but if it will be so humid, I'm worried it won't be sleek and smooth with beautiful big waves. Help me figure out how to tame the frizz so I don't have to choose a different style.

Ahssa Posts : 2 Registered: 5/10/11
Re: Tame frizz
Posted: Jul 14, 2011 3:57 PM Go to message in response to: Chaseazalea

I too have thick hair but I also have what I cal a "halo" short hairs at the top of my head that never seem to be more than 2 or 3 inches long.

Most of the time I don't bother with it, but when I really want my hair to behave I use a product called Flat Out by KMS. (I included a website below, although I buy mine locally so you may be able to find it locally as well.)

I have my hair cut short now, but when my hair was longer I would use it and while it would smooth down my flyaways (it seems to make ones hair a little heaver) but my hair would still have its natural wave.

I also noted that the website I listed below carries a Flat Out Shampoo, Conditioner and Anti-Humidity Seal, the last of which sounds like it may also be helpful to you, however I have never tried any of these three products.

I hope this helps and congratulations!

http://www.haircareusa.com/kms_flat_out.htm

Tamala1027 Posts : 6 Registered: 7/12/11
Posted: Aug 2, 2011 7:08 PM Go to message in response to: Chaseazalea

Living Proof makes some wonderful products, including No Frizz. I love their products!
http://www.livingproof.com/no-frizz/

Chaseazalea Posts : 3 Registered: 12/7/10
Posted: Aug 6, 2011 12:04 AM Go to message in response to: Tamala1027

Thank you for the suggestions, ladies!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine