Just got done waxing for the first time.

Online Users: 1,294 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Just got done waxing for the first time.
Posted: Jun 15, 2011 8:41 PM

I kind of got a question for others out there who have already waxed. Does your technician ever miss hairs on your legs? '

I chose a person who told people she was a "speed waxer," and she did do a very quick job, but she would tell me to change back into my clothes and I would notice a larger strip of hair here, a larger strip of hair there, and I called her back in three times to finish the job! And now that I'm home I've noticed more nice, long hairs that she missed.

My hair is a lighter color, so maybe she just didn't see them, but I did have to bring her back in three times... So I'm wondering if I'm just being overly picky because I don't know the "norm" or if I happened to get a bad technician during my first guess. Any advice?

P.S. It didn't hurt nearly as much as I thought it would. The most painful part is the front of my shins, but it's been less than forty minutes since my appointment and they're not even red anymore. I was expecting some kind of "what women want" Mel Gibson experience, but each pull hurt less than cutting myself with a razor!

UKbride Posts : 29 Registered: 1/7/11
Re: Just got done waxing for the first time.
Posted: Jun 15, 2011 9:19 PM Go to message in response to: WellWisher

I'm sorry your girl didn't do a very good job! It doesn't sound like she really did her job like she was supposed to--a good waxer will get everything and should still be able to do the job relatively quickly. I'd look around for someone else! You shouldn't have to call her back in to do the job, and those hairs will get even harder to see as you wax more frequently.

I'm going in soon for my first round of bikini "wedding waxing" and am nervous it will really hurt! I've been shaving for the past few months because I'm lazy, but last time I had it done I almost cried... maybe a bit more sensitive than the legs, tho!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine