The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Jun 14, 2011 12:29 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Yep, holding in there. Dr appt today in a couple hours for another cervix check. I am still having lots of contractions if I move around and a few other TMI indications that labor might not be too far off. DH is finally ready for Grace to make her appearance anytime. He was pretty freaked out last week, but has settled finally. I would like Grace to stay put until Saturday, but who knows. Tomorrow night is a full moon!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Jun 15, 2011 12:29 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Thanks for all the baby gear info ladies! It really is so helpful!! I ordered Baby Bargains and it looks like it should be here tomorrow, so maybe after doing a bit more research I can talk DH to maybe registering this weekend or next :) My MIL is wanting to throw my shower, at first I was very anxious about this b/c she just LOVES to take control of everything and also I didn't think a mother or MIL was supposed to throw the shower. But, I'm picking my battles and settling back and relaxing about it. If she wants to throw the shower, great! Cause no one else has offered. So I think I'll just let this slide and not worry about it! Plus, it'll give her something to do and keep her occupied ;)

I'm going to rent "The business of being Born" off of Amazon, I can't wait, I don't think DH is as excited haha But I hope it gives us both a better insight to natural childbirth. Plus, I'm ordering Ina May's book and "Active Birth" so hopefully that will prepare us a bit more.

I think my nausea is returning, been feeling so crummy this week and hard to find anything appealing to eat! I work hard to eat the best I can, but I feel like I'm eating like a bird! Hopefully LO is getting all he needs! :)

Janice!! Sending good labor vibes your way! How exciting!! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 15, 2011 1:01 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

One of the things to consider with a diaper bag too is this straps. I'm not a handle purse person anyway - I prfer one big shoulder strap. I didn't think of that with the diaper bag - the one I registered for had one big should strap and the handles too - http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Optimo-Duffle-Diaper-Bag/dp/B003IIOLKQ/ref=br_it_dp_v?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1RV7JFLU8CYEQ&colid=3KUEAKHNANMP8 actually ended up with the one in all black.

But my gf gave me another one too - it was super cute, but only had the handles - it didn't work. So I returned it. No biggie.

And I have a second diaper bag for child care. I know that seems weird, but that way I can leave the 2nd diaper bag packed, only changing out the bottles and diapers. It works for us and we just happened to have a second bag - it's a little bigger, so it's also ideal for enough cloth diapers, couple change of clothes, etc.

I think that the Pack and Play is convenient if you are going to be traveling to other people's houses who don't have kids (even if you don't really use it at home). Since I'll be traveling to NJ to see family it will come in handy then. Honestly too, with the cats, cat food and cat litter, it will probably come in handy in my house too. With my house set up there's no easy way to gate the rooms (living room to dining room to hallway) it's all open. So I'll probably end up using it at home too. Though if my kid is remotely like my brother it won't contain her once she can stand. Hopefully she's not, as he was also undoing deadbolts at 12-14 months old.

But it's great to think of things that you may not need. HA - Course I got mine from my gf for free.:-)

Don't worry about the shower and family thing.

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: Jun 15, 2011 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

We have been slow at work so I just spent the last 30min reading everything that has been going on with you ladies for the past month. Congrats to all the new mommies, its a boys and count down to D dayers!

I have had a rough couple of weeks and have barley passed as a functional human being.

I had my first official OB appointment yesterday and it was AWFUL!!!

Some back ground: Last week I went to the ER because I was because I was bleeding. I had an ultra sound that showed a small hemorrhage sitting on the outside of the sack. The ER doc said I needed to be closely monitored for the time being but since I had my first “real” apt in a week I could wait until then.

Fast forward to yesterday. I was nervous but excited for my appointment. I wanted to know if my baby was still okay and if the hemorrhage had spread. So I met my husband there and we waited, and waited, and waited. An hour and 15 minutes after the scheduled time of our appointment we were finally seen by the doctor. He barley introduced himself, did not shake our hands or say any of the normal pleasantries (how are you? Nice to meet you. etc.)

He asked the standard medical background questions which was fine. I told him about the ER last week and he looked at the ultra sound results. Then he very causally said “well you have a 50/50 shot of keeping this one”. Now, don’t get me wrong. I want to know my chances, but REALLY!!! There has to be a better way to have stated that. Now by this time it was 2 hours after our scheduled appointments start time. MH had to leave for a conference call so I was left in the room alone. The doctor never made eye contact with me. It was like pulling teeth to get any information out of him. The dude just told me I had a 50/50 shot he had to know I would have questions. So after much aggravation he told me that I should refrain from sex and exercise. Then he handed me a few sheets of paper and said “these are your instructions for next time” and left the room.

I look down at this pile of paper in confusion. Wasn’t I supposed to get a second u/s to check on the bleeding? Oh I see it is on the paper for next week but I have to schedule it someplace else. What about blood work to check my hormone levels like the ER doc said I needed to do? Oh I see on the paper I have to do that elsewhere. Where? And why do I need to see a genetic consular? I’m young and have no family history of anything. But the paper says I need to so there you are.
I left the DR office and went back to the office upset. I called to schedule the U/s other test for next week. The lady on the phone was nice and told me that wow Guess what I could have gotten my blood taken that day right where I was!!! Nice of someone to tell me that.

Anyway, I found a new Dr today.

wedding tickers

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Jun 15, 2011 3:29 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Star!!! I'm SO sorry to hear about your AWFUL appointment!! That's HORRIBLE!!! No one needs to be treated like that! Especially with all that was going on, you needed someone to listen and answer any and ALL questions and concerns you might have. Ugh, that just ticks me off. I'm so glad you found another Dr. I hope you have a much better experience there. So do you not know anything further on how your LO is doing? Definitely sending sticky baby dust your way!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Jun 15, 2011 3:38 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Starfish, Good you find a new dr. That was very upseting. Sending sticky baby dust your way.

Janice, that's so funny about your DH. I feel the same way, lol.

Since Dylan used to get out of the changing table, we put the changing pad on the floor. Now we don't have worried of him falling off the table. He can't stay still, lol.

Last night after his bath, he ran out of the bathroom naked to the computer room and pee on the carpet. While DH was cleaning I took him to the his room, started clean him and he started peeing again. He stoped for a few seconds and I thought he finished and he started again. He did it twice. I'm hoping this means he's getting ready for potty train. It looks like he knew what he was doing.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Posted: Jun 15, 2011 4:01 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Star - I'm SO sorry. I'm extremely happy you found a new doctor. Hope everything is OK with the baby - I'm adding my sticky baby dust to the mix.

Just a side note, they tell everyone about genetic counseling. They should explain it and then it's up to you. They may recommend it more based on family history, etc, but some recommend it for everyone. It's still YOUR choice. I had it done, but I'm older. I don't know that I would do it again with a second one....

MrsSy - Crazy about Dylan and the peeing. Good luck!

Posted: Jun 15, 2011 4:19 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

They Dylan peeing story made me laugh out loud. I had a very amusing mental picture.

Thank you for all of the sticky dust. All I know now is that I am considered higher risk until I hit 20 weeks. I am worried but am trying not to dwell on it. I have my first appointment with my new doctor on Wednesday. My MIL has been going to him for 25 years. His former partner (now retired) delivered DH and SIL. He is not close to where I live but is near the house that we hope to buy soon. The new Dr was appalled by what happened and will perform all of the test then. I did go to my GP this morning and have my blood drawn to check my hormone level.

wedding tickers

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jun 15, 2011 4:31 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Starfish, what a dickhead dr. Good grief. Bedside manner, anyone? Glad you found a new one and hope things go better for you.

Sy, if Dylan knows what he's doing, that's awesome! You just have to teach him to aim for the toilet. Garrett still has no idea what he's doing.

Pharm, our place isn't set up for gates, either, and our cat litter box is in our bedroom (which I think is gross, but there's really no other place for it. Both our bathrooms are the size of postage stamps.). We had a professional baby proofer come in, and he gave us something like this for our bedroom door:

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=534781&cmSource=Search

I think it's great b/c the cat can get into our room, but Garrett can't.

preview image

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: Jun 15, 2011 10:15 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Hi Starfish

I'm so sorry about your experience. Some doctors need empathy classes. I'll be praying for your LO. Happy you found a new doctor.

Posted: Jun 15, 2011 10:43 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

We have three litter boxes, three cats and hardwood floors. I'm also developing allergies so they cant be in our room. our litter boxes are in our kitchen - talk about gross. Sigh. But they can't fit in the bathrooms either.

Once she's mobile it will be different, but with two stories I'll have to have a place downstairs to even put her down.

We'll get a gate into the kitchen and it will have to be one like the one you posted. We'll look into it. So thanks for the suggestion.

Posted: Jun 16, 2011 7:36 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Star, glad the peeing story make you laugh.

Happy, I told DH we should get either a potty or the seat for the toilet. But he thinks he's not ready and we are going to mess him up. My mom thinks we should start the potty training.

We had gate between the sofas. And to prevent Dylan climbing the sofas, we put it around the fireplace. We babyproof the cabinets and the doors. I have a few cabinets he can open with plastic containers, measuring spoon and things like that. There is always a mess in the kitchen, lol. But that keeps him entertain for a little bit while I cook. But he can reach the front burners on the stove. I avoid using those and we are going to get the covers. The oven and dishwasher are always lock. He takes off the covers on the plugs. We need to get better ones.

Last night he pee again on the floor when DH took his clothes off for his bad. And again when I was drying him off. After he was done peeing he passed gas and said "Oh oh". I had to laugh.

The ILs arrive tonight :). They will be staying in our house for a week. and after that at BIL house.

DH's bday is on father's day and our 2nd wedding anniversary is on the 27. I'm so excited with all the celebrations. But at the same time I'm sad my family can come. I have to wait until Christmas to see them. And the plane tickets are so expensive. I'm hoping after summer the prices will go down.

Posted: Jun 16, 2011 12:30 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

I keep thinking it is Friday. Grrr

wedding tickers

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: Jun 17, 2011 10:21 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

MrsSy if he's pulling at his diaper and seems to know what he is doing when he is peeing he might be ready. I don't remember how old he is, but you could try having him sit for just a few minutes so that he gets comfortable with it.

BTW I do parent training on toileting so I've done it a lot!

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 2:07 PM Go to message in response to: mrscreamer2be

mrscreamer, He's 16 months. I'm going to seat him for a few minutes. Probably after the ILs leave.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine