Are the Jimmy Choos worth it??

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

UKbride Posts : 29 Registered: 1/7/11
Are the Jimmy Choos worth it??
Posted: Jun 13, 2011 3:08 PM

Hi girls,

I'm a 6'0 bride whose fiance is only 1/2" taller than I am, which means I'm most definitely wearing flats on my wedding day. But seriously, people... it's like all of the shoe vendors in the world decided to get together to make sure that flat wedding shoes were the most hideous footwear known to man.

Well, today I finally found some truly attractive shoes. They're a really low heel and will go beautifully with my dress, but sadly (for my wedding budget, that is), they're Choos. Go figure. I like pretty things. Here they are:

http://www.jimmychoo.com/content/ebiz/jimmychoo/invt/247sandygfa/247sandygfa_large_1_champagne.jpg

They also come in a red patent leather.

SO, now I am wondering:

1. Are the Choos really worth it? I could make it happen if I really wanted to, but let's face it: $400 is a lot of money. For those of you who have already gotten married and sprung for the designer kicks, are you glad you did? I think they're probably something I could wear again if I wanted to (say, with an evening gown or LBD).

2. As I haven't tried them on, should I wait to buy until I try them in person? I'm moving to London in July and can try them to my heart's content once I get there, but if I buy them here in the US, prices are soooooo much better. The only catch there is that I don't live anywhere near a Saks. Hmm....

Thoughts?

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Are the Jimmy Choos worth it??
Posted: Jun 13, 2011 5:16 PM Go to message in response to: UKbride

Dear UK Bride,

I'm channeling my late mother, here. She was a real shoe nut. She was tall and had hard-to-fit narrow feet.

MOM (from the Great Beyond): Yes, they are worth every penny. Shoes that look great, feel great, fit great and make you look fabulous are worth every penny. Trust me on this, you only live once.

Me (a bit more practical): Do you truly believe you have other clothes and other places where you could wear the shoes? Would it kill you to wear your "wedding shoes" to a company holiday party next year?

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Jun 14, 2011 12:23 AM Go to message in response to: UKbride

I have to agree with Aunt's Late Mother. With shoes, majority of the time you pay for what you get. I also have to add, I'm a shoe-girl! I believe shoes are what totally makes or breaks the whole ensemble, and I LOVE wearing shoes that get noticed! I can't even count how many times I've changed up my whole outfit just because the shoes that went with the outfit weren't the shoes I'd feel my best in!

With that, my thought-process for my wedding dress was that you only get married one day. I know a lot of people say you only wear the dress once, why spend a lot of money. My thing was, I'm spending as much as I can afford, if I find something cheaper great, but if not then it's not a biggie. I figured if I'm ever going to spend that much on a dress, it's going to be the day everyone is looking at me, and the pictures that I'll be looking at for the rest of my life. With that, these could be the most important shoes of your life. If you're ever going to spend that much on shoes, why not have it be on the day you will want to feel your most glamorous?

If it's with-in your budget, then I don't see anything wrong with it. If they're not with-in your budget, majority of designer shoes are replicated by low to mid end designers. You might be able to find something similar at Steve Madden, or Bakers.

Remember though, it's really all depends on your budget and how YOU feel. We can all tell you to go for it, but would you be going into debt, would you loose sleep at night worrying about how your going to pay for them? Or we can all tell you know they are too expensive, but then would you regret not getting "the ones"?

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 1:15 AM Go to message in response to: UKbride

Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 24, 2012 12:57 PM Go to message in response to: UKbride

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 4965 is just $469.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine