Save the Date Return Address

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1

MaryMcGwen Posts : 19 Registered: 4/27/10
Save the Date Return Address
Posted: Jun 8, 2011 6:33 PM

I will soon be sending out my save-the-dates and I am curious as to who it is proper to list on the return address label? I currently live with my fiance but my parents are paying for the entire wedding. I do believe it is proper for the return addresses on the invitations to read that of my parent's address; however, should the return address for the save-the-dates be my parent's address or my fiance and my address?

Thank you!

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Save the Date Return Address
Posted: Jun 8, 2011 8:31 PM Go to message in response to: MaryMcGwen

Dear Mary,

On the theory that people might note the return address, use the address to which you eventually want RSVPs to be sent.

Following is my standard rant against Save-The-Dates (STDs):

They are totally unnecessary and a waste of money in my opinion. STDs were invented about 10 or 15 years ago as yet another stationery product to sell to brides. They did not exist when I got married, and believe me, everyone who needed to know the date knew it very soon after we told our parents. My mom got on the phone within minutes of hanging up with me and told the grandmothers, the relatives, the friends, etc. Then, they told all their friends and relatives. Word spread like lightening.

Besides being a waste of money, STDs lock in your guest list. Anyone getting a STD MUST get an invitation. Things change, relationships change and people change. Your BFF dumps her boyfriend. Your cousin finds out about his cheating fiancée. Your neighbor moves away and never contacts you. Do you want to be obliged to invite Dumped Boyfriend, Cheating Fiancée and Absent Neighbor? No? Then don't send them a STD.

If you send STDs only to the "must invites", but not the "if we have room we will invite", then you are letting people know there is an A-List and a B-List, which causes hurt feelings. "Oh, great, everyone has a STD except me. Well, that tells me where I stand with them."

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine