The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: May 15, 2011 11:48 AM Go to message in response to: MrsLaff5

Nat- glad you have your mama there to help you out! Always great to have an extra hand! Hope everything is going well for you

MrsLaff, enjoy your relaxing day!!

So I've been having these shooting pains since Friday. I didn't know if I was getting a UTI or if there was something wrong. They're straight up the middle, not on the sides like round ligament pain. So I finally broke down and called the on-call Dr today. She didn't think it was UTI since I had no bacteria in my urine dip Friday but is having me come in tomorrow for another urine dip. Plus I don't have any pain when I pee or any blood. She thinks it might be the baby kicking my bladder and causing those pains? So I'm supposed to lay on my side and see if that helps. I just want to make sure everything is ok, the pains are just odd. Haven't had them at all before.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: May 15, 2011 1:43 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Brooke - I'm sure you're fine but really glad the doc is getting you in again to check you out. Fingers are crossed for you!

NatashaAB Posts : 353 Registered: 10/6/08
Posted: May 15, 2011 3:04 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Pharm - I have a moby wrap, mei tei, and an ergo. I love all 3. The wrap is what I use with A and she loves it. I absolutely adore BWing and it makes life easier. Things are going ok for me. I'm hanging in there. How's M doing? I can't believe it's already been 3 weeks.

Brooke - I'm not sure what that is. I'm glad you called your doctor too because I'm sure everything is fine but it's always nice to get confirmation.

MrsLaff - That sounds very stressful but try not to let it affect you too much. Easier said than done, for sure, though.

I'm so busy this week because my SIL is getting married on Saturday and I'm one of her BMs. We're not bringing the babies to the wedding because it's going to be too much and, since both Nate and I are in the wedding party, it will make things extremely difficult. It's going to be fun though. I can't believe she's getting married already!

Nat (23) Nate (33) L&E- March 17, 2010 A- January 26, 2011

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Jun 1, 2011 11:09 AM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

4 weeks left! I had my 36 week appointment yesterday. I am not dilating, but the dr offered to induce me at 39 weeks if I want. I don't plan to take him up on it, but you never know!

I am nesting like crazy still. Poor DH! He's got a bunch of stuff to carry upstairs since I just cannot haul my butt up the stairs with an arm load of books or other stuff.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Posted: Jun 1, 2011 7:52 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Does anyone have any heartburn/acid reflux remedies that worked for them? So far, nothing I have tried has worked and I am getting pretty annoyed with it at this point. I can't eat anything without suffering! Even a slice of buttered toast for breakfast triggered hours of discomfort!

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Jun 2, 2011 8:47 AM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Janice, I was using pepcid. It work better when I took it before eating. Had you try it? Hope you find something that can help.

MrsPaul, When I was prego FIL invited DH to go hunting. I was already bedrested and I told DH I didn't feel comfortable with him leaving for a few days. Since I couldn't even get out of the house and the fear of going on labor early. I know he wasn't going to be comfortable or enjoy the trip.

Brooke, I think you are having a boy also :)

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Posted: Jun 3, 2011 8:58 AM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

My secret weapon against heartburn for the past 2 nights has been udon! Everything else I eat kills me, but so far, udon has not. We need to figure out how to make it at home so poor DH can stop making the trek to the local Japanese/Sushi restaurant!

Posted: Jun 3, 2011 11:08 AM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Maybe you can find something on here Janice -

http://www.udonrecipes.com/all-recipes/

Posted: Jun 7, 2011 11:40 AM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

37 weeks today. 21 days to go... though I really hope I go early! :) This baby is moving up a storm, my belly looks like something out of the movie Alien these days.

The heartburn was better for a couple days but hit hard last night. Seems like if I start my day with a bread product (toast or a bagel) then its bad.

Drs appt again today, I am hoping for some cervix changes. I was on my feet a ton this weekend...

Posted: Jun 7, 2011 6:59 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

2 centimeters dilated! Whoo hoo! at least something is happening. I know I stay at 2 cm for awhile longer, but its better than nothing! :)

My blood pressure was a little high today. It was lower after my appointment when they re-checked it. And seemed normal when I got home. Hopefully it was just the heat or something since high blood pressure had never been a problem for me during pregnancy before.

DH wants to me to stay in bed since he doesn't want me going into labor until my mom gets here on the 18th. But, I still have a bit more nesting to do. :)

Demi09 Posts : 10 Registered: 7/31/08
Posted: Jun 7, 2011 7:14 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Ok. So I know I haven't posted, but I have been reading all the posts. Congratulations to everyone who has had their babies, those who have gotten pregnant, and those who have decided to TTC.

I have some news.

I had my mirena removed. I am so scared. I told my doctor to remove it and she said, "You know you are going to get pregnant." How Scary!!

I know I should be excited but I am just a lot nervous.

BabyFruit Ticker

Posted: Jun 9, 2011 6:05 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Yay! A boy, any names yet? ;)

I need to start getting together my hospital bag... So far I have basic toiletries, our cord blood kit, and the wraps I want to bring. I am trying to remember what I actually used from our bag with Faith. This is harder than I thought it would be...

Posted: Jun 14, 2011 10:43 AM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Pharm is so right about the changing table. Plus, once the baby gets older and wiggly, sometimes it just easier to change them on the floor. I had a flat waterproof liner for the crib that I would use a lot.

Posted: Jun 14, 2011 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

We did end up with a wipe warmer after Faith was about a week old. She kept peeing during diaper changes so we tried it to see if it helped. It did so we didn't have to change her clothes and the changing table liners at every diaper change anymore. Big help in the early weeks, especially in the middle of the night. Totally worth the $20 at the time for us.

You guys might find this funny... The diaper bag we had in the early months for Faith was destroyed by DH at the airport when she was 2 months old. Long story Anyway, I never really replaced it. I would just keep a wet bag with an extra diaper or 2 in the car or in my purse. We did have a bigger travel one but it was too large for day to day use. So I totally forgot I didn't have a diaper bag until a few days ago. Luckily I had recently seen a review on a diaper bag so I ordered one and the shipping was super fast. Nothing like waiting to the last minute for something like that!

I have to say though, I really like the new diaper bag. Its not a normal commercial brand, and after the kiddos aren't using it, it could totally pass for a pool tote or something like that. Even a nice travel carryon. It wasn't too pricey compared to what I have seen, but it wasn't BRU cheap either.

Here is a link to the designer's facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brooke-Van-Gory-Designs/277715450631

I bought it from here, in the black damask print:

http://www.diaperdaisy.com/catalog/for-mom/brooke-van-gory-designs-expedient-bag-1119.html

It's a great size for two kiddos but might be a bit big for one unless you like to bring a lot of stuff with you. I don't normally carry much around for Faith but we do have to bring food for her everywhere since her soy allergy makes it hard for her to eat out anywhere and there have been times I wished I had an extra change of clothes, so I think it will work well.

Posted: Jun 14, 2011 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

I see you are still with us Janice. :-)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine