August 2011

Online Users: 1,322 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 42

Sevati Posts : 29 Registered: 1/3/11
Re: August 2011
Posted: Jan 19, 2011 12:59 AM Go to message in response to: Beeble

I'll try that. Hopefully she'll just let it drop. I'm to the point I wanted to call HER MOM in to mediate. But at the same time I don't want to put anyone else in the middle. FI offered to talk to her but I told him no cause he's already pissed off because of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Were told we weren't allowed to bring our dog (at it wasn't held at her house, so that pissed us off more than anything...it pissed my uncle and aunt off too since it was their house). Then we were picked on because we were late when it was my dads fault cause he gives crappy directions..."oh go 10 to 12 miles then turn left" 25 miles later we finally get to the left turn. Then she proceeded 3 different times to tell me I was fat and if I kept it up I wouldn't fit into my wedding dress. She meant it to be teasing but I'm still so self conscious because of my abusive ex-husband that it had me crying during the car ride home. She was picking on me cause I took after her (and all the women in my family) and carry most of my weight in my stomach thighs hips and butt. Yet unlike the women in my family I'm small chested. And I'm not that big. I'm 130 and 5'7" I wear a small shirt and a size 7 pants (9 if they're dress pants cause I like them looser). So needless to say my FI want's to have a word or 2 with my mother and brother (the main one teasing us cause we were late).

“In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil’s might, Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!“

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Jan 19, 2011 1:06 AM Go to message in response to: Beeble

Beeble, Congrats on the dress! It looks awesome!

Sevati, it sounds like your mother is having some issues. Do you think it really has to do with the dog and the colors, or do you think she's worried about something else, like losing you to the marriage?

When my fiance and I started planning we had to learn this sentence VERY well, "Thank you for your ideas. We will take them into consideration," and THAT'S IT. If you don't fuel a fire, it'll burn out. I really hope things get better!!!

I got my dress this weekend!!!! I'm sooo excited. It's a Maggie Sottero "Margot," but the version I have is discontinued so it has a corset, then a zipper, then a row of buttons . It'll take me about 45 minutes to get completely into the thing (Can't imagine my fiance trying to get all of those contraptions undone, I'm seriously worried I'll fall asleep first). Anyway, it's a Cinderella gown which I never thought I wanted, but I put it on and I couldn't stop smiling so I knew the search was over. I was so serious about all of the dresses before this one that I "just knew" like I wished I would. Sigh

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Jan 19, 2011 2:11 PM Go to message in response to: WellWisher

That's a gorgeous dress! Mine has buttons, zipper and a corset back too but I only have to get down as far as the zipper and I can slip in.

I read a great article today about how to pee while wearing your wedding dress! You might find it useful with that big dress!

http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/peeing-while-wearing-the-dress

I'll start another thread for the link as I think it will benefit more than just the Aug 2011 group!

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Posted: Jan 19, 2011 2:18 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

Thanks, Beeble! I was actually worried about that exact topic and I feel much better about it now!

Blessel Posts : 1 Registered: 2/23/11
Posted: Mar 2, 2011 3:55 AM Go to message in response to: WellWisher

Hi,
I am getting married this year, by August. I am looking for a very great venue for my wedding. I am targeting, San José, The bay Area and Oakland, Any suggestions?

Thank you,

NCbride

seanjakson06 Posts : 1 Registered: 4/21/11
Posted: Apr 21, 2011 2:53 AM Go to message in response to: WellWisher

NICE DEAR

kuwaitisunshine Posts : 6 Registered: 5/27/11
Posted: May 27, 2011 6:20 PM Go to message in response to: WellWisher

August 11th. Planning's going okay...still having some issues with bridesmaid dresses and a few other things.

*with love from Kuwait*

GraysonWalsh Posts : 1 Registered: 6/29/11
Posted: Jun 29, 2011 1:12 AM Go to message in response to: WellWisher

grats

gillilaf1 Posts : 2 Registered: 7/13/11
Posted: Jul 14, 2011 6:33 PM Go to message in response to: WellWisher

Has anyone ever used http://www.engravedwell.com for Groomsmen Gifts or Bridesmaid gifts?

sandra22marry Posts : 5 Registered: 7/20/11
Posted: Jul 21, 2011 7:22 AM Go to message in response to: WellWisher

its your story i readed is very nice topic

Sevati Posts : 29 Registered: 1/3/11
Posted: Jul 22, 2011 12:24 AM Go to message in response to: sandra22marry

Huh? Ok random...evil vendor or a bot?

“In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil’s might, Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!“

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 4:25 AM Go to message in response to: WellWisher

Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 8:57 AM Go to message in response to: WellWisher

Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine