Stagette

Online Users: 1,248 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Stagette
Posted: May 19, 2011 1:33 PM

Ok so yesterday my MOH told me that she is planning a stagette. She is inviting people that we haven't invited to the wedding. I told her that is bad ettiquite to invite people to a stagette if they are not invited to the wedding. She disagreed and is inviting them anyways... she says they don't mind. Well now what do I do? I think she just wants to have a big party.

I think the people she is inviting ARE my friends or at least aquaintences, but I didn't invite all my friends to the wedding because my FH doesn't have as many friends and I didn't want to totally swamp him with "my people" since that is already happening with the current list (me 30 him 10)

If we invited my girl friends that are coming to the wedding it would pretty much be me and her. My other bridesmaid works out of state and will not likely be here except the day before the wedding and I don't want it to be then. My other female friend that is coming to the wedding JUST had a baby, so that's likely out too.

Also my mom has told me she has bought me a showe gift. She is thinking there will be a shower with the female relatives, but her or I can't really plan that so I don't know what's going on there either.

And I don't really want a bunch of pre-party parties if you know what I mean. Sigh.

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Re: Stagette
Posted: May 19, 2011 2:39 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

So is a stagette a bachelorette party? I haven't heard that term.

If it is, that plan sounds like it sucks. The party is for you and your upcoming wedding, so the invited should care about those things enough to want to be invited to the wedding. If they don't care about going to the wedding, then why are they coming to this party? Your friend's reasoning doesn't add up to me either.

It does sound like she just wants to throw a party, so I would be open with her about it and tell her you're uncomfortable with being a guest of honor. Then tell her you would be happy to plan a normal girls' night out with the people she is already planning for your stagette. Everybody wins!

WellWisher Posts : 175 Registered: 1/2/10
Re: Stagette
Posted: May 19, 2011 2:45 PM Go to message in response to: WellWisher

Thanks, Phonecardlady! Didn't know that, and I just barely missed your post!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine