24 days until wedding need help with arm flab PLEASE

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 8

Bride2Be52811 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/5/11
24 days until wedding need help with arm flab PLEASE
Posted: May 5, 2011 9:10 AM

I am a plus size bride.. I have starting working out and losing weight so far I have lost 45 lbs... My goal is to get to 200 which I have 40 more lbs to go.. I am getting married on the 28th of this month and I am really self concious about my arms. I am trying to tone them up so they don't look so flabby because of my dress being strapless I am not going to want to lift my arms up the entire night. I have been lifting weights but I am only seeing muscle tone on the bicep part but not the tricep part. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate please!!!!

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: 24 days until wedding need help with arm flab PLEASE
Posted: May 5, 2011 9:36 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2Be52811

Dear B2B,

Consider getting a shrug or a shawl in case you are still self-conscious on W-Day.

starfish701 Posts : 465 Registered: 12/10/08
Posted: May 12, 2011 2:32 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Try boxing (non contact so you do not have bruises on your wedding day). Nothing has ever gotten me toned faster than that. Itís hard but the results will amaze you.

When I statred Krav Maga and Boxing I dropped 2 sizes in about a month and my arms where amazing :)

Depending on where you live try:

http://www.kravmaga.com/locations/licensees-affiliates/licenseesaffiliates-worldwide-all-locations-list/
http://laboxing.com/ (itís a good work out but not real boxing)
http://monkeybargym.com/ (not boxing but your arms will tone FAST)

good luck

wedding tickers

DeniseRose Posts : 40 Registered: 5/10/11
Posted: May 12, 2011 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2Be52811

Congradulations on doing so well! I hope you took before pictures. You will look wonderful. If you took before pics, be sure to take a quick look at them on the day of the wedding and then look in a mirror and be proud to show off your smaller, tonner, still beautiful, more confident self.

Having a backup shrug jacket or sleaves is a good idea. If you feel pretty you will smile more and a smile is the best accesory. I am not a plus size but I'm not a stick and I have flabby arms so I just got a dress with lace sleeves and called it good. I think I smiled so much my cheeks were hurting at the end of the day.

Did you ever notice that real brides always look prettier than models in wedding dresses do? No mater what the bodytype of a bride, it's the smile, light in the eyes, happy glow that makes her truly stunning that no model ever manages to pull off.

The person who suggested boxing sounds like she knows what she is talking about.

Also, make sure that you are doing the tricep exercises correctly. I don't know if this video gives good advice but it is a place to start: http://youtu.be/o4bD8qr3bZE

Also, can you splurge on a personal trainer / fitness coach or one to three sessions? That would be the best way I can think of the make sure that you do the exercises correctly and get the most benifit from them in the weeks you have left.

Congrats again.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

JosefinaMaria Posts : 3 Registered: 4/14/11
Posted: May 23, 2011 9:58 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2Be52811

Im on the same boat! Try to reduce carbs from your meals, if you're going to eat some, try them during noon.

Work some routines with some 5 pounds weights for your arms. I've been doing that for a week and it works!

MickJones Posts : 1 Registered: 5/29/11
Posted: May 29, 2011 8:47 PM Go to message in response to: starfish701

Yeah! Boxing is a good idea! Alternatives would be dips, pushups and curls!

cecil33 Posts : 1 Registered: 12/19/11
Posted: Dec 19, 2011 4:29 PM Go to message in response to: MickJones

I agree with boxing also. But going with p90x or other home dvd workouts are also a good idea.

joshdebruijn Posts : 6 Registered: 4/17/12
Posted: Apr 24, 2012 12:29 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2Be52811

Yes Boxing can help you a lot in this regard.

For the Best Digital Marketing Agency.

NiamhMaire Posts : 92 Registered: 6/7/12
Posted: Jun 7, 2012 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2Be52811

Congratulation on the wedding and your weight-loss.I wouldn't stress too much you have achieved so much already.I'm sure you'll look wonderful. I wouldn't recommend lifting weights or boxing as you said you want to lose weight off your arms rather than to tone up.Boxing will tone you up without a doubt but it wouldn't really thin out your arms(which I think is what you want?). I highly recommend "Tracy Anderson method mat" workout for your arms. It's designed to make your arms skinny and toned. Failing that I'd say try yoga/ballet or Pilates.
Good Luck.

Disclaimer - I'm not an expert this is solely based on experience.

Bing/a> |

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine