Next Day Brunch

Online Users: 1,257 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 3

juicygirl16 Posts : 49 Registered: 8/30/08
Next Day Brunch
Posted: May 8, 2011 1:01 AM

Hi all,

I am very recently engaged, in fact we are still working on setting dates and locations. But, we've been discussing having a next day brunch, and while we don't need to make anything official today, I wanted to see if anyone could give me some info.

My parents will be paying for the wedding, and his mom will probably be paying for the rehearsal dinner. Both of us are students and thus we, as a couple, are on a budget in general. I don't want to ask my parents to pay for the brunch, if we decide to do it, so here is my question:

A friend of mine held her brunch at the hotel where the guests stayed for the wedding. I have yet to ask her about the details, but, has anyone else done this, and if you feel comfortable answering (if not, it's okay!), how did the hotel charge you-per person, by a general group size, by types of food?

Also, if we opted to do it at a restaurant, is it rude to only invite close friends/family members (the wedding party, extremely close friends, and out of town family). My fiance thinks it's okay, and while I don't mind doing it, I am just concerned about people hearing about it or seeing pictures later and wondering why they weren't a part of it.

My sister did something similar, at her new husband's parents house (this was about 6 years ago), and they opened gifts, so it seemed fitting that only family/bridal party was there. However, my parents live about 45 minutes from where we will probably be getting married, and not only do I not want people to have to drive out there, I don't expect my parents to host more people after a long night at our wedding (I say all this because we don't have the option of having it at someone's house-we live in an apartment complex so ours would not be the best choice).

I appreciate any and all insights! :)

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Next Day Brunch
Posted: May 8, 2011 9:14 PM Go to message in response to: juicygirl16

Dear JG,

A next-day brunch is not part of the "official" wedding, so you can invite just close friends and family if you like.

Prices vary. Talk to the hotel and see if they will offer you some flat rate per head. Different hotels and restaurants offer different packages and prices.

DeniseRose Posts : 40 Registered: 5/10/11
Posted: May 10, 2011 4:03 AM Go to message in response to: juicygirl16

A next day brunch is lovely and you do not need to invite everyone that you invited to the wedding. We had a brunch but it was in our new home so I don't know anything about setting it up with the hotel or a resturant.

I would suggest that you give a heads up to anyone who is flying so that they can make their travel plans. We had people who would have come to our brunch but they already had plane tickets.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 4:49 PM Go to message in response to: juicygirl16

Maggie Sottero Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD.
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/designer-bridal-collections-maggie-sottero-c-420_467.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine