Dress Advice

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

ta94 Posts : 1 Registered: 5/5/11
Dress Advice
Posted: May 5, 2011 3:56 AM

Hi, I've chosen a couple stunning dresses that I love. The problem is my mom. We have different tastes, I'm a high fashion girl, my mom isn't. She won't be paying for the dress but I feel like I can't get a dress I'll love because she won't love it also. She gets mad at the dress I show her because they aren't what she wants. If I tell her that its my day and I want to be happy in the dress I choose, I'm being a "bridezilla". Any advice on how I can get the dress of my dreams without making anyone mad? Thanks.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Dress Advice
Posted: May 5, 2011 9:38 AM Go to message in response to: ta94

Dear Ta,

I agree with CS.

It's ultimately your dress and your body. You have to feel comfortable in your own wedding dress, not feel as if you compromised.

Any mother who says "bridezilla" to a daughter wishing to choose her own dress is a mother who gets left at home while daughter goes shopping. Let Mom see the dress for the first time on W-Day.

chris42005 Posts : 89 Registered: 4/6/10
Re: Dress Advice
Posted: May 7, 2011 8:55 PM Go to message in response to: ta94

Taking the other side, considering that you want her to like the dress. Talk to her outside of shopping for the dress and see what she likes. What is she hoping to see you in? Lace, ball gown, simple, whatever....... And than go back to the stores without mom, and talk with the consultants and see if they can show something that is a combo of the two styles. Or if there is the possiblity of adding something to the dress you like that your mother would like.

Good luck

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine