Anyone having a November 2011 wedding?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 12

WoodlandBride Posts : 52 Registered: 1/6/11
Anyone having a November 2011 wedding?
Posted: Feb 10, 2011 11:04 AM

I know, kinda cold for up here in the northeast. But it worked out best. Our date: Nov 19th. Going tonight to sign the contract for the venue.

Hoping I am not the only one. It is cool to dish with other gals with the same month, make sure I'm on track. I am a good planner (have worked as event coordinator) and already have a lot of the details worked out. I figure, the more I get done now, the more time I have to spend just relaxing with FH this summer.

Done so far:
-book venue (incl. ceremony space, reception w/food, cake and a day of coordinator)

-book DJ
-have dress (need to lose weight and have altered)
design and decor planned
-book stationer (friend who is a noted scrapbook/card designer- Lucky me)
-Photographer (my brother is a pro)

It's nice that I have a lot of the majors covered. A lot of the decor is going to be DIY. We are going for a woodland rustic-ish theme. Browns, greens and a muted pink(accent) for colors. Going to be gathering a LOT of birch/ willow branches when we open the family summer home this spring.
I am also an avid money-saver when putting together a look- so ask away if you want advice or opinion on that.
We have 75 people on the invite list and are coming in under $7500 for everything. (Of course the photo and invitations are gifts so that budget does not include that- However, thatjust meant we could book the somewhat more expensive venue that we really wanted but did not think we could afford)
I am excited and somewhat nervous too. After all, I am in my 40's and never been married. I have also never lived w/ a byf before. Tough thought to live with someone after being so long on your own. He is in the same boat (although he did live with one gf in the past) I think we'll be ok.
Now that I have rambled a "bit" (OK a lot) Anyone else in Nov '11 or that can relate?

mattandrachael2... Posts : 2 Registered: 3/3/10
Re: Anyone having a November 2011 wedding?
Posted: Feb 17, 2011 6:06 PM Go to message in response to: WoodlandBride

We are set for Nov. 26. Thanksgiving weekend! We chose November because we wanted to get out of wedding season, hoping for off-season discounts with vendors. And we'll always have a four day weekend for our anniversary!

We've been engaged almost a year already, so we've got a lot of things already lined up:
Photographer booked, already had engagment photo shoot
Church & Reception Venues booked
Dress bought
DJ booked
Save-the-Dates were mailed about a week ago.

I love to plan events and am pretty organized, so I love having all this time to work on creating the celebration that we want.

We are going with Thanksgiving colors: Burnt Orange, Dark Red, Gold, Chocolate Brown, Ivory.

UKbride Posts : 29 Registered: 1/7/11
Posted: Feb 17, 2011 7:34 PM Go to message in response to: mattandrachael2...

Hi ladies! So nice to see someone else is getting married on November 26th--we're also having a Thanksgiving weekend wedding. Decided on the 26th because the wedding is abroad (DF is British) and it gives our family and friends who live abroad some time to travel.

We're getting married on the south coast of England--church wedding, followed by a reception at a swanky old Victorian hotel that's perched on a cliff overlooking the sea. We're going for a sleek, sophisticated twist on vintage glam: black and white with pearl and crystal accents, calla lilies, chandeliers, and candlelight. Lots of candlelight.

Just got engaged at Christmas, so I'm curious to see if I'm on track with planning! Here's what I've done thus far:

-dress purchased (and, after having received some reassurance, I love it once again)
-ceremony and reception venues booked
-officiant booked
-catering booked
-bridesmaid dresses sorted (BYO LBD... Does that make me cheap?? Who doesn't have (or want to have) a sexy LBD that they love and will wear again? I'm not imposing any kind of style or cut parameters, so they can truly wear whatever they want)
-wedding party selected
-photographer picked out (still need to book him)
-ceremony music, reception music (live jazz), and first dance song decided upon, though no band booked yet...

I'm a little worried about wedding planning since I'm going to be planning from across the pond until I move to London in August. Eek! Do either of you guys have a wedding planner? Trying to decide how much liberty to give mine since I'm not there to oversee a lot of the planning (florist, jazz band, etc.).

Excited to have wedding buddies!

SoontobeMrsSale... Posts : 2 Registered: 2/17/11
Posted: Feb 17, 2011 7:34 PM Go to message in response to: WoodlandBride

Date Twin! I am also getting married November 19th! We have almost everything done except flowers, favors, tuxedos, bridesmaids dresses, and things like the food tasting and registering for gifts. We do know what we want for all of those things though! Where is NJ are you getting married? Ceremony and reception site?

PinUpGirlGettin... Posts : 6 Registered: 2/17/11
Posted: Feb 17, 2011 7:46 PM Go to message in response to: SoontobeMrsSale...

i'm trying for 11.11.11 in mexico but it's been hard to plan when i'm about to move from the east coast to the west coast!

WoodlandBride Posts : 52 Registered: 1/6/11
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 4:00 PM Go to message in response to: SoontobeMrsSale...

STBMrsS:

We are in Albany, NY. The "lovely" capital of the highest taxed state in the union. :) It is painfully obvious in the 30% we have to add to almost every charge. I know, it isn't just NY, but wow. (it also does not help that we are having ceremony/reception at the Marriott-hotel taxes are higher- but it simplify things a lot)

Getting things done slow but sure. I am in that lull stage where there is not much more to do until it gets closer. I am trying to be smart and get little crafty projects done now, so it is not so harried towards the end. Heading out to Michael's tonight.

I also think that you girls have a great idea getting married over Thanksgiving.. Down the road you have an excuse (if you want it) to not deal with family over the holiday. ("We never get away for our anniversary, so this year it's going to be just us.") Being the week before, it might work for us too.

SoontobeMrsSale... Posts : 2 Registered: 2/17/11
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: WoodlandBride

I am in the exact same stage as you.. I just want to book the florist and pick out the bridesmaid dresses then I will be in a stage where I just have to sign up for our passports and book the airline tickets for the honeymoon and just wait till maybe June to do the registry. Then, August are the invitations, tuxedos and favors.

I am actually going to AC Moore tonight too to get some wedding stuff!! lol How funny

I love Thanksgiving and it is a pretty time of year so November seemed perfect for us.. and our anniversary is always the 19th so that way the fiancee won't forget! lol

Soon2BMrsOrtiz1... Posts : 10 Registered: 5/2/11
Posted: May 3, 2011 7:30 PM Go to message in response to: WoodlandBride

November 18, 2011 here!! :)

<3 The Future Mrs. Ortiz

angelala Posts : 11 Registered: 3/21/11
Posted: Jun 8, 2011 6:55 PM Go to message in response to: WoodlandBride

My wedding is all set for November 18th. We chose a Friday night wedding to be a little different and some of our vendors offer discounted rates for weekdays. So far we have:

-booked the church and the priest
(both my fiance and i graduated from a catholic high school so we asked our priest from back then to marry us)

-booked the venue

-hired caterer and chose menu including passed hors d'oeuvres

-purchased wedding gown and veil

-picked out and purchased bridesmade dresses (mocha)
maid of honor (latte)

-put a deposit in for a beautiful 7 piece band which played at my aunt's wedding 25 years ago, but they are hip as ever!

-have florist picked and went over ideas and color schemes

-save-the-dates are on their way

-invitations have been ordered
my fiance's cousin will be doing our calligraphy

Wow, typing this all out actually makes me feel like I have things under control when lately I've been feeling a little overwhelmed. There is just still so much to do.

I was thinking of having a candy bar as a favor. With all different penny candies and cute little custom take-out boxes that our guests can use to fill up on whatever they like.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm really stuck on what I want to do.

We are thinking of putting at the bottom of the menu card something along the lines of...
"In leiu of favors we have made a donation in the name of our guests to (which ever charity we choose) But please stop by our candy bar and help yourselves to a little something sweet"

Not sure how much I like the wording, but I'm stuck... any suggestions?

Only FIVE months left girls!!!

Thanks ladies!

SalwaMeriem Posts : 2 Registered: 6/21/11
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 5:41 AM Go to message in response to: angelala

Oh I absolutely loveeeee the donation charity idea! And the wording is really wonderful. I would maybe add "....help yourself to a little treat & always remember that Love is Sweet" ... to make a cute note that ties in with the candy bar. We usually tie in a lot of candy/sweet elements with the love aspect of wedding :)

I hope that helps! :)
Salwa Meriem
www.sususweet.com

heatherr1113 Posts : 1 Registered: 6/28/11
Posted: Jul 2, 2011 5:48 PM Go to message in response to: WoodlandBride

My FH and I will be married on November 13th! We are having the ceremony outside on a hill overlooking the mountains! A lot of people think I'm a little crazy for having it outside but I love it. I keep saying the weather is going to be amazing.
We have mostly everything done for what needs to be done at the moment. Just waiting for time to get closer to finish some last minute things! We are also very budget friendly and a lot of the things we are doing is DIY! Our colors are wine and coco and we will be having goldfish for the centerpieces with flower arrangements around the bowls!

Just cant wait!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 4:23 AM Go to message in response to: WoodlandBride

Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 9:01 AM Go to message in response to: WoodlandBride

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine