Strange Weddings

Online Users: 1,280 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 6

Mcheather Posts : 1 Registered: 5/3/11
Strange Weddings
Posted: May 3, 2011 1:55 PM

This is kinda crazy, just like me and my lover.

We have been engaged for a year and a half now and finally just set a date. OCTOBER 27th 2012!

IT's going to be a themed wedding! Halloween :)

I know its crazy two totally opposite things comming together. We are both really excited about it at first when we told people the ones around my age were really excited but older people like the parents were like "uhhhh" but we told them our ideas and they are really starting to like it.

As of now the plan is for me and my lover to wear traditional wedding gear and have all our guests and bridesmaids/groomsmen in costume! Halloween is my favorite holiday and its the day after my birthday too.

We really just wanted to do something weird because we know people are expecting it from us!

I have amazing ideas for the reception, like fog machines, stobe lights, disco lights, all kinds of fun stuff. Open bar of course.

We want this occasion to be fun not boring! We want our guests to have fun and want it to be the best wedding they have ever attended.

I am really excited. Let me know what you think about it or if you have any weird wedding ideas you are contemplating.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Strange Weddings
Posted: May 3, 2011 5:08 PM Go to message in response to: Mcheather

Dear Mc,

Sounds great!

Just make sure everyone knows what to expect. I would hate to show up in my usual lavender chiffon and find everyone else in costume.

Soon2BMrsOrtiz1... Posts : 10 Registered: 5/2/11
Posted: May 3, 2011 7:16 PM Go to message in response to: Mcheather

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!

I am a huge Halloween person too and I think the idea of a Halloween wedding is great and you have so many options as far as decorations!! You should have a lot of fun with this one!! Congratulations and best of luck!! :)

<3 The Future Mrs. Ortiz

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: May 3, 2011 9:00 PM Go to message in response to: Soon2BMrsOrtiz1...

Ladies,

I think a FUN Halloween wedding would be great. I suggest you not allow it to get morbid. No coffins, in other words.

Weird is one thing. "Too" weird is another.

Juliet29 Posts : 9 Registered: 5/6/11
Posted: May 7, 2011 12:10 AM Go to message in response to: Mcheather

I think it's great when people have really unique weddings that represent who they are. Makes it much more personal!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 4:19 AM Go to message in response to: Mcheather

Save up to 21% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $158.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/aline-straight-neckline-strapless-wedding-gown-with-delicate-lace-applique-tulle-dress-p-33891.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 8:59 AM Go to message in response to: Mcheather

Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine