Tall Bride Short Groom

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

SmileyGirl20 Posts : 6 Registered: 4/21/11
Tall Bride Short Groom
Posted: Apr 22, 2011 6:12 AM

I'm 6 inches taller than my fiance. I'm 5'10 but I also love to wear heels. So in my little bit of planning that I've done so far I've wondered is it disrespectful to him if I wear heels on the wedding day?

In heeels I'm about 6ft tall, which for his 5'4 frame kind of makes him look like a little kid. And I know it bothers him even though he says it doesn't.

But I want to feel beautiful on my wedding day without making my future husband miserable because he feels tiny.

Any advice ladies?

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Tall Bride Short Groom
Posted: Apr 22, 2011 10:06 AM Go to message in response to: SmileyGirl20

Dear SG,

You are going to be married to this guy for a long time. You need to know how he feels, really, about being a short guy married to a tall woman.

Go back, talk about it again and get his real feelings. Then, act on that.

FutureMrsDJLeo Posts : 615 Registered: 2/26/09
Posted: Apr 22, 2011 10:39 PM Go to message in response to: SmileyGirl20

If you wear small heels (less than 3in) I don't think it would really make that much of a difference, but like Aunt suggested, talk to him and see how he feels about it.

For pictures, I'm sure your photographer can help with poses that won't make you look like a giant standing next to him.

Also, you can always change into heels for the reception, when you won't be standing next to him the whole time and there won't be as many pictures focusing on just the two of you.

Posted: Apr 26, 2011 11:43 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsDJLeo

Thanks for the advice. I had never even thought about changing into them at the reception. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks!

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
Posted: Apr 26, 2011 12:14 PM Go to message in response to: SmileyGirl20

I'm in the same situation. I have decided to definately wear flats. I know my feet will be comfortable and I know my FH will be comfortable too.

We went for an engagement session to work with our photographer and to work on some poses that eliminated the height difference. I'm about 8 inches taller than my FH. If you want to take a peek at the pics they are here

http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb425/Silverbear2/Engagement%20Photos/?start=all

Posted: May 12, 2011 10:17 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

Thanks so much. Your advice really helped a whole lot. I'll be sure to suggest certain poses for our pictures. Thanks again.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: May 13, 2011 10:34 AM Go to message in response to: SmileyGirl20

dear Smiley,

I'll add this: Tall women are BEAUTIFUL!!!

My mother was tall, and she looked great all the time. Don't sell yourself "short". Stand up and be proud.

I envy you!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine