Help!

Online Users: 1,267 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 4

bride11 Posts : 8 Registered: 4/23/11
Help!
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 6:39 AM

I have been having some bad cold feet issues so bad that I can't even pinpoint what I'm nervous about. I'm just wondering if any of you girls felt/feel the same? Any advice you could give me, I'd really appreciate it.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: Help!
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 8:44 AM Go to message in response to: bride11

Dear Bride11,

I suggest you find someone with whom you can discuss your cold feet issues in person. I am thinking of a professional counselor.

The officiant of your wedding might be suitable, or that person might refer you to someone.

Posted: Apr 25, 2011 8:46 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Thank you both, very much!

I'm not worried at all about the ceremony because its only going to be about 150 guests, maybe. So I know that's not the issue. I don't really think its our relationship or him that Im nervous about either because he treats me fantastic and we have a very honest, open, fun relationship and I can't picture myself with anyone else nor do I want to. I mean sure, we have our arguments and bicker but were both very quick to let go of things and we have open communication, but its nothing out of the oridinary. He is myhighschool sweetheart so there is a part of me that sometimes questions whether I'm settling, but at the same time I wouldnt have it any other way. I don't know whether or not everyone has that ONE person that they're supposed to be with or not, but even if he isn't my 'soulmate', I want him. Nobody else. I really do think I want to marry him, I just wish I were more comfortable about the idea. I've always been one to overthink things. I'm just not sure if I'm overthinking things or overlooking red flags. These nerves could also be coming from being scared of moving out and leaving my parents because we have a very close relationship. I just really wish I could be a happy, excited bride to be, but all these nerves are really taking a toll on my day to day life. I mean, I literally think of it from the time I wake up until I go to sleep. And when I see my fiance I get these butterflies, but I don't know if they are good or bad. I just wish there was a way to be sure.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 9:03 PM Go to message in response to: bride11

Dear Bride11,

" These nerves could also be coming from being scared of moving out and leaving my parents because we have a very close relationship."

So, you are contemplating two giant steps at once.

1. Moving out of your parents' house.
2. Marriage.

Maybe you need to slow down a bit. Move out, first, live on your own for a while, then see about getting married.

Posted: Apr 26, 2011 6:28 AM Go to message in response to: Aunt

That's a big issue in my family. I can't move in with him until were married and I couldn't financially make it on my own. I don't make enough money.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine