pls help me find a dress for my body type..

Online Users: 1,358 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

almostmrsgarner Posts : 7 Registered: 4/19/11
pls help me find a dress for my body type..
Posted: Apr 19, 2011 2:29 PM

my sweety and i are getting married sometime next year in Kauai. I'm looking for a casual cotton dress, but the problem is that i am almost 6 feet tall and a size 0-2 with a large chest. i have seen a couple online but my problem is that if i get it small enough to fit my waist, there's no way it will fit my chest (34DD) and vice versa..any suggestions? i would love something similiar to a simple floor length, halter maxi dress..

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: pls help me find a dress for my body type..
Posted: Apr 19, 2011 10:49 PM Go to message in response to: almostmrsgarner

Dear Mrs G,

Personally, with such a big difference between bust and waist, I would forget about a tight fit in the waist.

An empire waistline would be ideal for you, perhaps, as you said, in a halter top.

Have you considered finding a dressmaker (or just a seamstress friend) in your area who could make something suitable?

At your height, such a person might be of help to you many times in the future.

Posted: Apr 20, 2011 9:48 AM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Good Morning Aunt,

yes, I have considered it and think that just might be the route i need to take. thank you so much for your suggestion. :)

Almost Mrs. G

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Apr 20, 2011 2:23 PM Go to message in response to: almostmrsgarner

Dear Mrs G,

PS: I'm jealous of tall women. I am short and dumpy. The only advantage of being short is lots of legroom in airplanes.

My mom was tall, and looked fabulous in everything she wore.

Posted: Apr 20, 2011 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

ahaha yah i get a little scrunched on a plane and then i usually have to reach everyones overhead luggage :o) my soon to be husband & i grew up together since we were 5 yrs old and i was always towering over him, but he grew a lot taller over the years so he's just a tad taller than me now, so i'm glad we are having a beach/barefoot ceremony so i wont be taller wearing heels :)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine