Help me...how?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

leannamaezing Posts : 1 Registered: 3/4/11
Help me...how?
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 6:49 PM

Hey!
So I have 4 bridesmaids, 3 of which lives out of state, and one who I know doesn't have time to do much of anything to help out. I live in Washington, and my MOH (my sister) is moving from India to Kansas, and has two daughters, my fiance's sister lives in Brooklyn, and my other bridesmaid lives in CA. My final bridesmaid runs a group home for developmentally disabled adults, and works (with me) as a bartender the other 2 days of the week. I know the tradition is to assign each bridesmaid some task to do, but what can I ask them to do, living so far away? I can't ask them to do the music because my friend is going to DJ for the wedding...help me please!!!

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Re: Help me...how?
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 7:50 PM Go to message in response to: leannamaezing

Really, their duty is to be with you and stand by you for your wedding. I didn't assign tasks or jobs to my bridesmaids (besides having their dresses made). I only had one bm who could attend my bachelorette party (ok, with me).

I did ask them to be present during the rehearsal. My MOH helped me put my veil on and get into my dress(it was a zip up, but a 2-person job!).

One of my other bm's went with me to get my dress altered (she was getting her dress done too).

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Most people are going to say that their only duty is to be there on your wedding day.

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Apr 15, 2011 8:24 PM Go to message in response to: leannamaezing

Dear Leanna,

The only real duty is to show up, dresses appropriately, and stand next to you.

If you wanted bridesmaids who could be assigned duties, you could have found local people with lots of time on their hands. Instead, you did the right thing and asked sisters and good friends. Since they are not in a position to do a lot of stuff for you, you'll have to figure out how to get it done without them.

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 1:49 AM Go to message in response to: leannamaezing

Big discount. any detail please visite to, http://www.juliebridalshop.com/

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 16, 2012 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: leannamaezing

San Patrick Wedding Dress Starting form 229.95USD
Click Here: http://www.bestbridalprices.us/designer-bridal-collections-san-patrick-c-420_454.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine