Gluten Free Cleanse?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

cabride531 Posts : 9 Registered: 9/14/10
Gluten Free Cleanse?
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 4:24 PM

Iím considering doing a gluten free detox for weight loss...

It sounds pretty easy, but Iím not so sure Ė basically you eat mostly vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, and beans and you cut out all meat, dairy, breads, pastas, desserts, and processed sugars.

Iím really looking for something to kick start better eating and shed these last 5 pounds. Has anyone done a vegan gluten free detox? Is it easy to stick with? Should I do 3 days or 6??

Thanks in advance for your input! :)

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Re: Gluten Free Cleanse?
Posted: Apr 13, 2011 12:49 AM Go to message in response to: cabride531

I haven't done the whole cleanse thing, but I do limit my gluten intake because I'm sensitive to it. I wouldn't do it until you talk to a practitioner or nutritionist. Gluten isn't bad for you unless you have an intolerance to it, like I do.

Gluten is in a lot of things, not just bread, pasta, and cereal. It's in some beauty products including shampoo. It's in stickers and some dressings.

You also have to add grains that are gluten-free to your diet so you don't become deficiant. Quinoa and amaranth are both gluten-free.

Just talk to a professional and do your research first before you start a diet.

Going gluten-free is not easy! :) Best of luck to you!

kittenb Posts : 4 Registered: 5/15/11
Posted: May 18, 2011 7:10 AM Go to message in response to: mrscreamer2be

I've done a gluten free cleanse for like 6 months and combined it with the blood type diet because I had yeast infection problems. TMI? Sorry... Anyway it drove me totally batty because yes, gluten is in everything... but I tell ya, it worked well for weight loss.

I would suggest 6 days if you're looking at 5 pounds. But why not try the South Beach Diet? It's awesome for weight loss and is a healthy way to live and eat since it's based on protein, whole grains, veggies. The first phase is so much like a G-free diet and is tailored for weight loss, which a G-free diet is not.

Good luck!

SusieMay Posts : 4 Registered: 5/18/11
Posted: May 20, 2011 3:33 PM Go to message in response to: cabride531

I have friends that have done ones similar to this and I think I am going to try it! It seems to work!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine