This one's for you AOTB(Oops, it's Aunt now, been awhile!)

Online Users: 1,222 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
This one's for you AOTB(Oops, it's Aunt now, been awhile!)
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 12:44 PM

I haven't been here in over a year, or so. But, this came in the mail today, and reminded me of AOTB and some fun previous threads about invitation, etiquette, cash requests. Here you go:

Just got a wedding invitation from one of my husband's cousins kids. I almost threw it out with junk mail, as there was no return address and the address to us was a printed label. I usually throw out piles of junk mail daily. Anyway, opened it, it's a wedding invitation. Or announcement. THere is no rsvp information, just gives the date and time and location. We won't be going, it's 4th of July weekend. The best part? Stuck to the back of it is this:

"We have a home completely furnished, Our house on the other hand, is being refurbished Any gift we would aprIciate, but financial assistance...would really be great!!!"

Yes, "appreciate" is spelled as above.

HAHAHAHA, I just figured this out too, it's NOT a wedding, they are ALREADY married. It's a celebration of their marriage. It's a present party. :)

Further, even IF I wanted to send cash, there is NO mailing address, anywhere on this thing. So to be fair, I don't know if she or her parents created and sent this thing.

Now, if we were actually close to them, I might take the time to figure out where we should send the cash, however, we are not. AOTB, thought you'd get a kick out of this.

Edited by: cyndi33 on Apr 12, 2011 4:01 PM

Proud Member of P.O.O.P.,  People Offended by Offended People

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Re: This one's for you AOTB(Oops, it's Aunt now, been awhile!)
Posted: Apr 12, 2011 8:37 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Dear Cyndi,

Truly awful.

So, let me get this straight.

They are already married. The event in July is some kind of delayed reception, where they expect gifts.

They cannot afford to host a party for everyone from whom they want a gift, so they announce there will be a party to which you are not invited to actually attend AND let you know in no uncertain terms they want a cash gift.

Wow, what a shakedown.

There's a moron born every minute.

Posted: Apr 12, 2011 8:45 PM Go to message in response to: Aunt

Dear Aunt,

Yes, you got it. But, I think we actually are invited, there is just no rsvp card, but then, there is no address to send the cash to, I think they are expecting we will make the 7 hour drive and deliver the cash. ;) Or, they really are that clueless and just left out all addresses (other than the event) No address, but small town so anyone can hunt up the VFW without an issue.

However, we have other plans. We will be in the mountains having a picnic celebrating our first date anniversary, at the same mountain pass we went to then, and go to each year.

Still, as soon as I figured out what it was, I thought of you and wanted to come back to post it.

I'm just surprised I received almost all the things often discussed here, all in one invite!

Aunt Posts : 794 Registered: 12/31/10
Posted: Apr 13, 2011 12:09 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Dear Cyndi,

"I'm just surprised I received almost all the things often discussed here, all in one invite!"

It's like they had to rate a "10" on the greed-o-meter.

In other news, how are the grandbabies?

Posted: Apr 13, 2011 1:46 AM Go to message in response to: Aunt

The grandbabies, are awesome. We will see our grandson tomorrow, and the granddaughter Sunday. We get her almost every Sunday for 2-3 hours usually. We get the grandson a bit less, but still frequently. It is great they live SO close! We take advantage of whatever time we can have. They are growing SO fast, almost 2 years old. They are playing with blocks, love to read, are always SO happy and almost talking. Well, they are talking, but almost understandably.

We are expecting another granddaughter, in August. Then, it will probably be several years before further grandkids. Honestly, when they run to you with that huge smile, arms open, and you pick them up, there is nothing quite like that feeling. A grandparents love for their grandchildren, something that I hope everyone can experience. A grandchilds love for their grandparent, same. Amazing stuff.

We also have a step granddaughter, who is 3. We don't think of her as that, but technically. She is a joy, and we see her regularly as well. She is the sister to the new granddaughter. They ALL have names that begin with A. I think our children are testing our brain capacity. :)

Everyday, I am grateful in so many ways, that my husband and I are still alive. We would have missed so much. Still, the driver has not yet been charged, and has not yet spent a night in jail. We are coming to terms with the possibility, he may never serve any time. We will be ok. Good to hear from you. Both of us have recovered physically though, and are doing great. Just finished scuba diving with white tips, black tips and manta rays. It was truly incredible.

Back to my OP: Funniest of all, I think, is when I showed my husband the invitation, he looked at it, turned it over, and was like what is this? Why is there a poem on the back? I told him, well, they want money. He says, hmmm, really? Weird poem. :)

Edited by: cyndi33 on Apr 12, 2011 11:51 PM

swichwang34 Posts : 657 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 14, 2012 1:48 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Save up to 32% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $258.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sweetheart-neckline-strapless-cathedral-train-taffeta-wedding-dress-style-monalisa-royale-p-33708.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine