The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Apr 5, 2011 7:20 AM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

Hi ladies,

Weekend was ok. Looks like DH and I got food poisoning on over the weekend. We are good now. Saturday night I woke up feeling sick and dizzy. I crawled to the bathroom and didn't make it :(. I was so embarrased, that never happened to me before. Poor DH was cleaning at 11pm. I was still so dizzy. He got me food and a put a bucket next to the bed, but I was still nauseous and didn't eat. An hr later Dylan woke up. I was still feeling dizzy and DH fed him, put him on bed asleep and he woke up. DH decided to let him cry it out. But Dylan got so upset that ended up vomiting. At 1am DH was again cleaning. I got ouf of bed, picked up Dylan and calmed him down. He had more milk and fell asleep. Sunday DH decided to finished the pizza and that night he was the one feeling sick all night and didn't get too much sleep. Last night no one was sick :) and we got some sleep. Dylan woke up twice but we took turns.

Now we are looking for some other method for Dylan fall asleep on his own. We don't want to clean vomit every night, lol. Any suggestions?

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Apr 6, 2011 12:47 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Sy - Hope you and DH are feeling better. No suggestions with Dylan, hope someone has some ideas that might help.

I wanted to pass along this website that my DH heard about in his Daddy Boot Camp class. It's called www.takethemameal.com. It's a site that's free to use where groups of people can sign up to take a meal to friends or family who may be in need of help - my friend's church also used it when their pastor's son was incredibly ill. The congregation signed up for meals and child watching duty so the parents could be at the hospital for their son (who fully recovered).

But even for parents with new babies, it's a great idea. So I wanted to pass it along. :-)

One of the things that came up in our last discussion was what to do when someone says 'Hey if you ever need help....' How do you broach that subject once the baby is born and people are calling.... I think it might have even been NJ on here who suggested having a list by the phone. Hey if so and so calls to visit, say great - hey could you stop by the store and grab some milk? Most people respond really well to that.

Anyhow, food for thought!

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Apr 7, 2011 7:19 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Sy- hope you family is feeling better! The pukes are just the worst!!!

Pharm- what a great idea! and website! I see that a lot in our area for funerals and after someone has passed away, but those with ill family or a new LO would find that SO helpful I'm sure!

So we think we found a house where we're moving ladies! 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, cute back padio, awesome front porch! The catch is, my IL's bought it, and we would be renting it from them. While this is a generous offer, I'm a bit leary about the control issues of MIL. I hope I'm not being a brat... just a little nervous. DH and I had a HUGE talk about last night, we both agree on boundries and such, so hopefully that will help. I LOVE the house, just the situation makes me a little nervous, but hopefully it will just work out! Now... on to find a job!!! Only a few weeks till we move, ah!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Posted: Apr 7, 2011 9:20 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Brooke - Congrats on the house but yeah, I totally understand your concerns.

My suggestion - Make sure you draw up and have a contract. I know that seems like it's crazy, but that way there are rules laid out and things can't be 'changed' up or at least makes it more difficult.

I would discuss it further with your DH, but have a contract that outlines rent, when it is due, how much it is. Also, this outlines how much notice you need to give if you are going to move out (usually 1-2 months) or if they want you out.

It should also include language that the owners will not enter the premise unless it's an emergency without your prior approval or some such.

Here's an example - http://departments.oxy.edu/orgl/live/OffCampus/SampleRentalAgreement.pdf

http://www.mrlandlord.com/lease/

Anyways, that is what I would suggest. I sort of like the first one more because it's a contract but it's not too over the top. You can always tweak it to your specifications. :-)

Good luck!

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 12:51 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Pharm, that website is very good idea.

Brooke, Pharm give you a good advice about having a contract. Good luck!

We are doing good. Now I'm been eating for the few days I couldn't. I'm hungry all the time.

Tonight I'm going out with my girlfriends. I need it. This week had been stressfull with the posible gov shutdown. Yesterday we were told we won't be affected right now. I'm hoping is true and the budged get approves.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 12:58 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Ack Sy. I hope that holds true and you don't get messed up!

It's ridiculous to me that they can't agree so everyone else gets screwed. And it ends up costing more money to shut everything down and have it not running. head desk

How's Dylan sleeping through the night?

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 1:10 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Yes it is! And we weren't inform until yesterday. All we had was the media and know it all co-workers freaking us out.

Some nights he sleep through the night. Most of the time when DH is on night duty. He needs to be on night shift more often, lol.

This week wasn't that bad. I think working out at lunch time is helping me to go through the day.

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 1:52 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Exercise can be a great mood booster. I just get caught in that nasty cycle of knowing that I'll feel better, but not being able to do it (and I'm not talking lack of motivation per se, but more mental depression issues).

But if you can get into it regularly that can be so great!

I was having a LOT of BH contractions last night for me. They got to be a little more than they have been....

Told DH - crap, we'd better back the hospital bag. I won't need it tonight, but who knows!!

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 2:23 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I've been there. Is taking a lot of me to get into the routine. It doesn't help I keep getting lunch invitations every week.

I'm trying to work out at home the days I don't go to the office. Sometimes the only time I have is after Dylan is sleeping and by that time I'm so tired and go to bed.

I had workout with him and I have to stop so many times. He keeps crawling under me or tying to play with whatever I'm using.

Oh, oh I also think the hospital back needs to be ready and in the car :)

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Posted: Apr 8, 2011 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Jeez Pharm, You really can go any day now! Are you excited? Nervous? I have 9 weeks and I'm freaking out!

I feel like I have absoloutly nothing done. Hopefully the room will get painted next week but my furniture won't be here for another 2 weeks. Everything I do have is just piled in the corner of the room. I'm having 2 showers and I guess just kind of hoping that I get most of the things I need then.

Does anyone have any suggestions for bottles for breastfed babies and preferred disposables? Cloth diapering just isn't an option for us right now. I feel horrible saying that but unfortunately convenience ways out in this battle. :(

Brooke, so happy for you about the house. I agree with Pharm about the contract. If for nothing other than to protect yourself. Good luck in the job search!

Sy, exercise always makes me feel better but man I've surely taken advantage of being lazy this winter! :)

Have a great weekend ladies!

wedding ticker for myspace  BabyFruit Ticker

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 3:44 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

MrsPaul, I can't believe you have 9 weeks left.

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 9:47 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

PHarm- I totally agree! I had mentioned a contract with DH, just so everyone understood their responsibilities and what was expected from each party before any problems came up. Then there would be no question. I like the sentence about not entering the premises w/o emergency! haha! :) But yeah, we totally know where we stand as renters, we've been doing it for over 8 years, but they have NEVER been landlords and I fear they don't know their role and the difference between parents/landlords and the boundaries.
Hope your BH go away and give you some relief!!! :)

Sy- glad you're feeling better! Hope the job stuff gets better, so you don't have to stress about it.

MrsPaul- wow!!! I can't believe you're that far along! Time has gone SOO fast!!! :)

Posted: Apr 8, 2011 11:18 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Brooke - And while you know your 'rights' as renters, them knowing their 'rights' is really the most important thing - which is why I really think you need a contract!

Aw, the BH's really haven't been bad - just more than I was used to and it made me realize Oh Heck it's close.

Honestly, we have SO few things that I'm a little worried. But it will work out.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Posted: Apr 9, 2011 9:17 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Hey ladies - Don't respond to the spammer. :-)

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Posted: Apr 9, 2011 3:19 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

stupid annoying vendors!!! Pharm I totally agree about them needing to know their "rights".... I just hope they don't get offended when I bring it up. I need to think of a good way to go about it ;)

At work today ( I work at an animal hospital) the tech and I went and played with the ultrasound :) hehe We couldn't see much, I don't think their u/s is as strong as the ones at the Dr office, it just couldn't see as deep, but we could still see the heartbeat flicker! So I felt better! Now I'll want to get one all the time! haha

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine