The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Mar 31, 2011 10:05 AM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Hi Ladies!

I agree with PP's about waiting until you are pregnant. Even now DH has a hard time feeling that it is really "real". I just signed up for our chilbirth class and I'm hoping that like you Pharm, hubs will really connect with the pregnancy more. Jeez, at this point it's a little late not to, lol! Like it or not this baby is coming out and SOON!

Brooke, good luck at your appt. today. :) I'm so happy for you!!

Sy, that really sucks about your car. I'd be super pissed.

My mom went with me to my appt. yesterday and told me that she wants to watch the baby 3 days a week for the first 4-6 months!! My MIL is watching him the other 2. I'm am beyond relieved! That will potentially mean I won't have to worry about day care until he's 6-8 months. Such a blessing! Even then I'm still up in the air about if I'll be returning to my job or going to work for my husbands family business. Either way I'll be cutting back on hours and I'll feel confident that he's being taken care of. :)

At my appt. they said my belly is measuring about 1.5 weeks ahead. 2 weeks ago I was right on so who knows when he'll decide to show up!!

I have my first shower the last weekend in April then my mother decided to have her shower Memorial day weekend. Ummm... that's 2 weeks before my due date! DH and I are convinced that I'll go early. Specifically that weekend, lol! Maybe it's just wishful thinking though.

My feet are so swollen and painful. Anyone have any suggested remedies for that one???

wedding ticker for myspace  BabyFruit Ticker

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Mar 31, 2011 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Good morning ladies. Well just got back from my appt. Baby was hiding from the doppler so we have an u/s at 1:45 this afternoon. So, feeling pretty anxious right now!! If you get a chance, maybe send some good vibes or prayers, thanks girls!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Mar 31, 2011 10:52 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Brooke - Good juju vibes being sent your way for your appointment today!

Janice - Thanks for the link, that's really interesting. LOL

MrsPaul - My MW told me to up my water, up my protein intake and walk more for the swelling. Standing in one place is not good but I find getting on the treadmill at least a mile day helps a LOT with the swelling. Also, DH is known to rub my feet and ankles at night - helps too. Also if you are waking up with swollen feet, they suggest sleeping with them inclined and if you are sitting down a lot, your feet should be propped up.

Check with your MW/Doc though before doing anything too out of the norm. (Upping water intake & propping up feet is probably safe, but you know what I mean.)

I was surprised how much the walking has helped - and I didn't walk last night and I regretted it this morning. I've also been fortunate though because I really didn't start swelling until about 2 weeks ago. So I'm trying to keep it at bay as much as possible to not have to take the baby early.

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Good news girls! Just got back from our U/S!!! LO is doing great!!! Arms and legs that were moving around! And good strong HB of 161 now!!!! So we feel so much better. They did say I have a subchorionic (sp??) bleed, but it was old and should be no concern. So whew!! Feeling SOO much better!! Thanks for the support and good vibes! :) Now, on to some birthday pie!!

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Whoop!!! Whooohoooo!!! Great news Brooke! You both must feel like you passed a milestone there!!!!

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Mar 31, 2011 4:23 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Yay Brooke! I'm very happy for you.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Posted: Mar 31, 2011 4:38 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Brooke that is AWESOME!!!! Yay for you and baby bean! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

wedding ticker for myspace  BabyFruit Ticker

08divabride Posts : 831 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Mar 31, 2011 8:43 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Hi ladies, appt. went well! The baby is doing great and I haven't dilated any, which is great as well.

Brooke, I'm so happy for you and Happy Birthday!!

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 8:44 PM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

Thanks girls!! Definitely feels like another milestone down. So amazing to see your LO MOVING and kicking!! Just unreal! Now when we finally get to hear the heartbeat we'll breath a BIG sigh of relief for a bit! :)

Diva- Glad your appt went well too!!! YAY!!!

Posted: Mar 31, 2011 9:39 PM Go to message in response to: Brooke051609

Diva - Yay for your good appointment too! I'm sure since you need to be scheduled, not being dilated is somewhat good - Yes?

Brook - At least you saw the LO moving - that's is AWESOME!

I'm just in a holding pattern now. LOL I have an appointment on Tuesday. I think I'll get tested for Group B Strep.

Had a dentist appointment today - I've been having some pain in my lower jaw and figured if it was bad enough, I should check it out. They really didn't find anything - I think I'm clenching my teeth. A couple of cavities here and there - but they'll wait until the baby's born to do anything about them. :-)

Had a good day at work today too. My boss wasn't there - that may have helped. LOL whistles innocently Also, we got some things moved around so they are better with the inventory - I think it's easier to feel better about something when you have something to show for it. :-)

Posted: Apr 2, 2011 8:18 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Thanks ladies! Yes, Pharm me not dilating is a good thing.

Glad everything is going great with everybody!!!

Posted: Apr 4, 2011 10:15 AM Go to message in response to: 08divabride

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was pleasant enough. LOL Now it's back to the grind stone. I feel like I have so much to do it's hard to know where to start. Hmmmm, procrastinating on here probably isn't helping. LOL

Anyhow, my Dad and my Aunt are coming down next weekend. I'm looking forward to it. My Dad is going to put an electrical outlet on our screened porch so that we can get a freezer! Yay! I'm pretty excited about it. I've been thinking about making our own baby food and this will allow me to do so.

I'm also looking at joining a CSA this summer for fresh veggies - with the freezer I can always blanch and freeze the extras. So that looks like something we might do too. :-) It's a bit pricey all at once, but it comes out to $25/week ($350 for 20 weeks for a half share). I think it will be worth it.

My Mom left for China last Wednesday. It's been hard sometimes because I go to call her. But it's been OK.

mrscreamer2be Posts : 153 Registered: 6/14/09
Posted: Apr 4, 2011 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

The freezer sounds like a good idea. I'm lucky, in Southern California there's a lot of choices for organic food and produce.

So I'm officially off the pill! We'll be starting NFP (natural family planning) classes in a couple of weeks. We won't be trying yet, but I'm glad to be off the pill!

Posted: Apr 4, 2011 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: mrscreamer2be

The produce selection in Richmond SUCKS. I had more and better Farmer's Markets in NJ. One wouldn't think that, but it's true.

It's a somewhat constant frustration for me. I like veggies - NO LOVE fresh veggies. But the options here are horrible.

I've heard mixed reviews about the one CSA I was looking at. I like this other one, but I have to come up with the $350 now. I don't have that with the baby. :-( And they might not even have openings. I don't' want to send in my non-refundable $100 if that's the case.

I may just go with the one that got some less favorable reviews because it was from their first year starting out....

Hmmmmm. Don't know.

Posted: Apr 4, 2011 6:27 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Hi ladies! Hope all is going well, as for me I'm just counting down the days! LOL

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine