What to wear - Engagement Photos

Online Users: 1,327 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 10

Beeble Posts : 306 Registered: 11/19/09
What to wear - Engagement Photos
Posted: Mar 31, 2011 2:08 PM

I'm thinking of getting a red wool coat to wear for our engagement photos on Sunday. Something like this
http://catalog.sears.ca/wcsstore/MasterCatalog/images/catalog/Product_271/std_lang_all/_0/01/617_75000_A_001.jpg

We are supposed to have a big snowstorm the day before. Does anyone have suggestions on what to wear for a winter photo shoot?

Also my fiance is a gym coach and he wears sweats and t shirts 90% of the time. He has some nice blue jeans but all his coats are big ski jackets and dirty and worn from being out on the farm. What can I get him to wear that makes the pictures look nice but so that he will still look like him in the pictures? He does have a suit jacket, maybe dark jeans and his suit jacket and just get him to wear a warm sweater underneath? But then maybe he will look too formal. I dunno.

Anyone have any pictures of theirs they could share? I have seen Kits and I tried to search the forum but didn't see much else.

Thanks.

WoodlandBride Posts : 52 Registered: 1/6/11
Re: What to wear - Engagement Photos
Posted: Mar 31, 2011 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

It's hard to say, not knowing your fiance's style, but the idea of the suit jacket with sweater sounds nice. If you could find him a red scarf that matched your coat, it would make a great pop of color against the snow and could also be used as a prop.

Let's hope this snow does not stick around for long! I am so sick of winter!

Posted: Apr 1, 2011 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: WoodlandBride

Looks like we might be cancelling this weekend = ( I was really looking forward to it, which is strange because I HATE being in pictures. I'm not very photogenic.

20-25 cm expected saturday - sunday and high winds. I might be snowed in again this year. We had about 7 foot drifts last year about this time.

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Apr 1, 2011 3:02 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

Beelbe, where do you live? I live in upstate NY and the first forcast called fora foot of snow, but we only ended up with about 2 inches of now, and it was all melted by lunch time.

Posted: Apr 1, 2011 4:06 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

I can only cross my fingers and hope. That's what happened here about 2 weeks ago. I live in Calgary, AB Canada. We have had several nice warm days and everything has melted and evaporated... but we all know what goes up must come down!

Shadowcat Posts : 16 Registered: 2/17/11
Posted: Apr 1, 2011 7:59 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

I think the red would be cute in a winter photo shoot! When we did ours, the weather was gray and gloomy and threatening rain (though it never did). We brought an umbrella as a prop, though--would something like that be fun for you? As far as outfits, Fiance (who hates to dress up and is always warm, regardless of weather) wore black jeans & gray button-down shirt with rolled-up sleeves, and I went with black sweater, black boots, long gray skirt, blue scarf for color (we did our pictures downtown in front of historic buildings, lots of red brick and Spanish architecture). I'd guess jeans might work, for yours? You could dress them up or down, depending, and could be somewhat snow-resistant...

Deleted Posts : 23 Registered: 1/7/10
Posted: May 5, 2011 2:26 PM Go to message in response to: Shadowcat

usually when i see engagement photos couples wear something casual like they would wear everyday so just dress in what ever makes your comfortable!

Posted: May 5, 2011 3:48 PM Go to message in response to: Deleted

We ended up wearing blue jeans. He wore jeans, a red sweater and a black leather coat and i wore jeans and a red sweater. They turned out great!

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 1:34 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Sep 13, 2012 7:42 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

Jennifer Bridal Dress Show, Starting from 229.99USD
Click Here: http://www.jenniferbridal.com/jennifer-bridal-dress-p-45676.html

jackson132 Posts : 1,623 Registered: 9/13/12
Posted: Dec 27, 2012 11:16 PM Go to message in response to: Beeble

Wedding dresses from famous wedding designers are promoting now.
http://www.okaydress.com/wedding-dress-designers-c-65.html
Mori Lee Wedding Dress Style 6728 is just $309.99.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine