The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Mar 17, 2011 7:37 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Morning ladies.

I'm so tired. Dylan woke up at 1:45 coughing. He went back to sleep but the cough didn't let him to go back into a deep sleep. At 2:30 he was completely awake. DH stayed with him so I could get some sleep. A little bit before 5 DH woke me up and asked me to stay with him. I thought it was earlier. I was so surprise he was up all that time and he didn't look tired at all. I know DH let him play and I'm guessing that was a factor for him being so awake. I got him back to sleep and I go ready for work. But I was so tempting to go back to sleep. The few hrs I slept I kept waking up b/c of my stuff nose.

I told DH we should let him cry to sleep. Is going to break my heart and I can't believe I was the one that suggested this time. I think we are going to try this weekend. He's being a little difficult to get to sleep lately. But last week he slept through the night. I know was keeping him up is his cold. But it will be great if he's able to go back to sleep on his own.

I think I'm going to leave early from work today. I have some things to do after work and I don't think I'll have energy. And I would love to get home at a decent time.
The traffic lately is insane. A 25 minutes commute without traffic is becoming an hour, even an 1:30 sometimes.

I don't know if DH is going to work. I'm hoping Dylan sleep until late so DH can get some sleep.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Mar 17, 2011 8:02 AM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Sy - It sounds like you guys are hitting the point when you have to let him cry. When I hit that point - you will have to tell me I just have to do it - because I imagine it will be hard. Good luck leaving work early.

I was having some discomfort in my lower left quadrant yesterday - assumed the baby was on something, hoped it moved, whatever.

Last night, at our class, the baby was moving lots - yay! I got on the treadmill last night even though the pain was a little worse - figured it was good to walk.

OMG last night it was rather painful. Hurt to move in bed, hurt to breath.... It's definitely pinpointed. Only got about 3 hours of sleep.

So, I don't know what to do. It hurts some to just sit, hurts to walk - I remember when I had gas pain early in the pregnancy - this seems worse and different. I've been having regular digestive activity, so I'm not sure what's going on.

I hate to be a crazy worrier, but I think I'm going to call when I go into work. I just don't feel - right....

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 8:07 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Pharm, You are not a crazy worrier. I would call the dr also. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks. I know is going to be hard and I'll probably cry more than him.

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 9:55 AM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

I have an appointment at 11 AM to get checked out. The nurse thinks it's probably ligament stretching issues - it's just sort of a stabbing pain when I breathe, so I wonder if I really stretched/tore something.... It's not an extreme pain, it's just that it's definitely different then anything else I've experienced. She asked if I've been having contractions and I don't think I have... I don't know!

But I hope that's all it is. Course I'm at work and need to get some things done. And I'd love to not be on my feet, though then I'm more likely to swell - damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 1:55 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Pharm, how was your appt?

I just notice the formula we gave to Dylan have probiotics. I'm guessing that's other reason he's been getting sick recently. I'll ask his dr what brand he recommend on Monday.

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 2:09 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Sorry I hadn't had a chance to post. Turns out that it is my round ligament - apparently I tore the one on the left.

So - it's not serious, but it's not remotely comfortable. And the only way to heal a ligament is to not use it - well how do you not use an abdominal ligament?? (This is exactly what my MW/NP said.)

So I can take Tylenol and try heat compresses. I'm looking into a support band that might minimize the movement of my uterus - that might help.

But I'll be in this pain for the rest of the pregnancy pretty much. But it's totally doable as long as I know the baby's OK - which he/she is and that it's not something really serious like a placental abruption.

This does mean however I'll have to curtail my treadmill activities some - which sucks. I ordered a band online, but I might try to go buy one at the store if they have it in my size, which is unlikely. But I'll try.

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Pharm, Glad the baby is doing fine. Hope you can find something that help.

Demi09 Posts : 10 Registered: 7/31/08
Posted: Mar 17, 2011 2:49 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Hello to everyone. I am still reading and being inspired.

Pharm, the band is not so bad. I had to wear one during my first pregnancy. It was like a back brace but it went under my belly and had another piece that went over the top of my belly. I was good for support and it did help with the pain. They had them at the motherhood store and of course at babiesrus. The sooner you get it I think the better you will feel.

I am super happy today because I just found out that my friend is pregnant.

At first I was apprehensive about getting pregnant. Now I am almost to the point of "I can't wait to get pregnant". The plan is for me to have my mirena removed in August. August will be here soon enough. Then it will be just a matter of time.

You women are great. So glad I decided to take part in this.

BabyFruit Ticker

Posted: Mar 17, 2011 3:49 PM Go to message in response to: Demi09

Demi - I'm glad you decided to join us over here too! :-)

And thanks ladies for the feedback on the support bands. My MW recommended it and I figure it can't hurt. It's just being plus sized, there are less options of them out there - so Motherhood has 2 and I ordered one, but I'd love to get one now. I just know that they have way less plus sized stuff in their stores than the regular sized stuff.

So if I can get one today - Great! If not, I'll get one soon enough. :-)

Agape- That sucks on the hips. I just know here there are people certified in pre natal massages - and that's what we are supposed to get when preggers.

I just found out that all of our classes we took were only $30 because I work at the University! So happy about that - saved us about $100. We were doing them anyway, but it always helps. Also, found out as a University employee I can get an electric double breast pump for $170 from the hospital pharmacy - that would be about $50-$70 savings. So that's cool too.

Saving $ is always a good thing!

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Mar 21, 2011 1:23 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

I hear you on the CD addiction. I spent so many hours browsing when stashing up for Faith. :)

Have you gotten into wool covers yet? Horribly addicting! I am eyeing some new soakers for Grace from Wild Child Woolies since we really liked wool for Faith but didn't try wool until she was 6-9 months old.

I need to find a couple new covers for Faith since she's refusing to wear the Thirties for some reason. I will probably be trying some Softbums since they are one size. I want to try Nikkys too but those are sized and Faith is starting to potty train.

Pharm, kick his butt in gear! You can't be stressing your body cleaning especially with the torn ligament. I wish men got the nesting bug like we do, it would make this whole process easier!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Posted: Mar 21, 2011 1:32 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Janice - I tried. We'll see.

Actually, the ligament is feeling better. I think it completely tore. That's the only reason I can think that it would hurt this much less. Which, you know what, is fine with me.

Posted: Mar 21, 2011 1:47 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

BTW - Here's a link to the actual car seat report - http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/reprint/peds.2011-0213v1

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Mar 21, 2011 8:21 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Pharm--thanks for posting the car seat info. I'm so glad the AAP increased the RF recommendation. I think many people get excited about turning their little ones forward so they can see their faces and they haven't really been informed (up till now) about how risky it can be for little necks.

I have my own PSA to post (warning: long post ahead). I'm a member of Green America, and in their last magazine issue, they published an article about cell phone safety and links to brain cancer.

I've been a member of Green America for a number of years (8? 10?) and they tend to publish articles about these types of issues ahead of mainstream media. Mainstream media picks it up anywhere from a few months to a year or two later.

EXAMPLES: I heard about BPA and parabens from them first. Soon after, bottle manufacturers stopped using BPA.

I'll get to the article's relevance to babies/children in a moment.

The doctor they interviewed for their magazine article is apparently well-respected in the science community (though I myself had never heard of her before), and while she herself initially dismissed the claim as alarmist, after reviewing studies she concluded that there is a link, and she's published a book about it.

Here's the link to Green America's latest magazine issue. It includes an interview with the doctor, plus ways to more safely use your cell phone (and/or cordless phone if you have one).

http://www.greenamerica.org/pdf/GAM82.pdf

Concerns regarding children:

Baby monitors (most? all?) use radio frequencies the same as other wireless devices, so radiation could be a concern with them, too. I haven't stopped using mine, but I now make absolutely sure to turn off both the parent unit and nursery unit when not needed, I keep the nursery unit as far away as I'm comfortable with from Garrett, and I air out the nursery daily or every other day.

The editor (who I e-mailed) also told me that the doctor recommended strongly against using the SIDS motion sensors since it's a source of radiation that's so close to the baby.

Radiation sources cross the blood-brain barrier of children more easily than adults, so their potential for being affected by radiation sources is much greater than ours.

I went back and forth about whether to post anything about this, but I've "known" you ladies online for so long that I felt like I should. Especially in light of possible radiation from Japan, I feel somewhat silly posting this. But I was glad to get the info from the article, and now that you have the info, you are free to use or ignore!

preview image

Posted: Mar 23, 2011 6:20 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Agape, I have not used prefolds. I preferred the concept of flats so that I wouldn't have to but a "sized" diaper. I have 4 dozen little lion flats in rotations right now and that's all we use. Our goodmamas have been bothering Faith so we stopped using them. DH finally got on board and started using a snappi since the fitteds were not working. I did find a few large IV flannel flats in storage that I have been adding into our nighttime configuration, but they are not a necessary. I also found 3 tie on dipes in storage that I want to play with.

Posted: Mar 30, 2011 11:20 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

This is a fun blog post for those interested in cloth diapers.

http://somethingsometime.wordpress.com/2011/03/10/target-flats/

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine