How to Dress the Groom?

Online Users: 1,296 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

egasperecz Posts : 5 Registered: 11/2/10
How to Dress the Groom?
Posted: Mar 16, 2011 5:35 PM

Hi, I am in need of advice! We are having a semi-formal afternoon wedding in mid-June. Our colors are red, black, and off-white.

So far my fiancee has a black, 2-button suit. But there are so many different color combinations to go with that suit, how can we possibly make him stand out as the groom?

His groomsmen will also be wearing black suits, off-white shirts, red ties, and black vests. I want to make him stand out from the guys though and really look sharp.

One of my ideas was an off-white shirt and off-white vest with a red tie.. Or a black shirt with an off-white vest and red tie..... But honestly I am so lost when it comes to fashion and style and I have no idea what would look best. I really need some advice.

Thanks for any help!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: How to Dress the Groom?
Posted: Mar 16, 2011 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: egasperecz

I'd be more inclined to put the GMs in black ties and the groom in a red tie.

That would pop the most to me.

But I'm not the most fashion forward person, so someone else may have another suggestion. :-)

Good luck!

chris42005 Posts : 89 Registered: 4/6/10
Posted: Mar 17, 2011 3:25 AM Go to message in response to: egasperecz

I like what the PP said about the groomsmen in black tie with groom in red. How about taking the groomsmen out of the full suit and putting them in just a vest with the groom in a full suit?

BrighterThanSun... Posts : 853 Registered: 10/17/08
Posted: Mar 18, 2011 6:39 PM Go to message in response to: egasperecz

First off I wouldn't go with a red shirt like a PP commented--I think that can come off quite severe.

I think a black suit, white (or off-white) shirt and red tie for the groom.

Then for the groomsmen have the tie either be black of a patterned one (maybe black with some thin red stripes or something). You can always give them just the black tie but then give them a red pocket square to have them blend in.

I think a black suit, white shirt and then a coloured or black tie is always minimal but nice--as you said, it's "sharp."

wzq103 Posts : 1,190 Registered: 9/11/12
Posted: Sep 20, 2012 7:46 AM Go to message in response to: egasperecz

Ball Gown Strapless Ruffles Organza Wedding Dress Style Giselle
Save up to 22% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $218.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/ball-gown-strapless-ruffles-organza-wedding-dress-style-giselle-p-33756.html

Kimberly212 Posts : 972 Registered: 9/12/12
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 10:29 PM Go to message in response to: egasperecz

Sheath Sweetheart Neckline Strapless Chiffon Wedding Dress Style Marion
Save up to 28% off on New Trend Wedding Dress,the price is just $236.95, It's the cheapest,bug gorgeous dress.

http://www.juliebridalshop.com/sheath-sweetheart-neckline-strapless-chiffon-wedding-dress-style-marion-p-33799.html

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine