Fat arms in strapless dress??????

Online Users: 1,343 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 18
Fat arms in strapless dress??????
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 10:01 PM

I just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for me.  I have extreamly large arms and I already bought my dress.  It's a gorgeous dress but it's strapless.  I never imagined myself in a strapless dress, the only reason I bought it was because I fell in love with it and at the time I thought I would have enough time to loose a lot of weight and would look good in it.  Well I have 5 months till my wedding and my arms have not gotten smaller at all.  I don't know if I should spend the money and add straps?  Or if I should add gloves?  I'm basically wanting to know if anyone has suggestions on how to hide my arms or make the illusion of making them looking smaller.  Or if you know of a flattering strap for larger arms.  Thanks so much.  I appreciate the input

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Fat arms in strapless dress??????
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 10:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm sorry that I don't have any suggestions.  I'm sort of in the same boat.  I've actually started losing weight since I've bought my dress.  I've lost 20 lbs since January!!  :-)  But my arms haven't changed, so I'm going to start targeting them for toning at the gym.  And you know what, I looked great in the dress when I bought it and I'll look great at the wedding!!  :-)

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Mar 17, 2008 10:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

You still have a lot of time before the wedding talk to a trainer and look into programs fit for toning and slimming your arms. If that dosn;t work you might want to look into some type of jacket if you are still unhappy. but this is a personal choice! 

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

weddinworries Posts : 124 Registered: 5/28/07
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 12:01 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Tweet,

5 months is a lot of time.  I saw a personal trainer for four months before my wedding and lost a lot of fat and toned up nicely. 

My trainer (who used to be a trainer to Hollywood stars) gave me a nutritional program that was very easy to follow.  My mom also followed it and lost weight easily.  Basically, you eat 4 oz of protein, 3 oz of starch and 6 oz of fruits and vegetables at each meal, plus 1/2 that amount as a snack. 

If you'd like, I can send you the nutritional program.  Email me at ChargerGal@gmail.com if you're interested. (Others are welcome to email me as well.)

Otherwise, cap sleeves are easy to add to any strapless dress and may help create the illusion of smaller arms.  In any event, a strapless A-line is the most universally flattering dress and you wouldn't necessarily look better with your arms in sleeves.  Twiggy arms are out and you shouldn't be ashamed of voluptuous limbs! 

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 8:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi,

I have the same problem, or had i should say. Fat arms runs in my family and I've never ever been able to get rid of them. I hope this isn't rude but I got lipodissolve treatments on my tricepts (where you get the waddle). It wasn't very expensive and I love the results. That being said, I'm sure a good trainer could get you looking good in 5 months.

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 9:50 PM Go to message in response to: weddinworries

Hey, I have 10 pounds left to go, before my May 3rd wedding...it sounds like you have some good tips....help?:)

Laurenc126 Posts : 51 Registered: 11/14/07
Posted: Mar 18, 2008 9:55 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have large arms for me, too. I found when trying on dresses they looked better in strapless dresses and the straps drew attention to my arms. I would consider that before you add any. But a good trainer will at least get them toned for the wedding.

geminibridetobe Posts : 83 Registered: 6/5/07
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi-how much were the lipodissolve treatments on your triceps if you don't mind me asking? Where do you go for a treatment like that?  Thanks! 

Sarahc1019 Posts : 12 Registered: 3/7/08
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 5:53 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Are you wearing a veil? I have large arms also, but when I was trying on strapless dresses I noticed that wearing the veil totally hit that fact. Try something like the Buff Brides workout. I am starting that in the next few days. It is a book of workouts that you can do to get toned before the big day. They have a 12 week program and a 24 week program. I have heard nothing but great things...Just remember your fiance fell in love with you and the way you look. Just love yourself and present yourself with confidence and no one will even think about it.

Viktoria Posts : 1 Registered: 3/11/11
Posted: Mar 11, 2011 4:57 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have large arms also, only per I was a weight lifter in my younger days, and my arms never really shrunk after I stopped, and it's been over 25 years now, But I would recommend what I am doing, for any of you out there, either pick a long sleeved dress (a lot available at dhgate.com wholesale from china $100+ price) or a jacket, many styles are available out there :)
I personally chose this dress for my upcoming wedding:
http://www.dhgate.com/sexy-embroidery-bridal-wedding-dress-size/p-ff808081269d904f0126b5bf5cb04d6e.html for $178
Can't beat that LOL
Good luck to you all! Happy wedding day! _

futureswedishbr... Posts : 115 Registered: 7/27/10
Posted: Mar 12, 2011 9:51 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

How about a shawl? One that is shimmery?

egasperecz Posts : 5 Registered: 11/2/10
Posted: Mar 16, 2011 5:41 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I have this problem too, I've put on some weight since I got my dress. I thought my arms looked bad when I got it, they're 10 times worse now!

Fortunately you do still have 5 months, that should be plenty of time to get them toned if you do some rigorous exercise. I will be doing it too! I've taken up jogging, I'm trying to do it 3 times a week, and I've been doing more arm-targeting workouts.

It's going to be hard since I'm sure you've got a lot on your plate like me, but all the hard work and sore muscles will be worth it when we see our wedding pictures!

Best wishes to you!

cannon1 Posts : 4 Registered: 3/15/11
Posted: Mar 16, 2011 9:50 PM Go to message in response to: Viktoria

I'm interested in the reply from the lady that ordered her dress from DH-gate, were you satisfied with the quality of the dress, so many mixed reviews! Anyone ever use beuatifulbrides.com, were you pleased?
Back to your arms
My daughter is getting married in August and since she had to miss a semester from school, she too is in need of slimming down! There are excercies just for your arms, the palahtti belt is great!! But I agree with the lady that said he ask you as you are!! Focus on your love!!!

My baby's getting married August 6, 2011, Happy day, but wow we will miss her sweet presence in our home!

kadydd Posts : 1 Registered: 2/26/11
Posted: Apr 13, 2011 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I thought this was stupid and perverted when I saw the informercial but I bought a shake weight kind of as a joke and it seems to be working! I have been using it for like 3 weeks and I have already started to notice a difference.

allia Posts : 2 Registered: 5/23/11
Posted: May 24, 2011 3:58 AM Go to message in response to: Viktoria

i have the problem too, and there are lot of fat on my waist, it's not easy to cover you know

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine