The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!
Posted: Mar 15, 2011 2:27 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

OMG Janice - That's my DH to a T. When I say he does the dishes, he does them but doesn't see to wipe the stove, etc etc.... He's not allowed to put away the plastic stuff because he shoves it in the cabinet and it falls out on me when I go get something so that gets left out.

I keep trying to put things in places they need to go in, but he doesn't know where that is so it doesn't go back there.

I'm ready to bust out the label maker.

And the lists - you know, at least your DH wants a list and mine doesn't mind either. My gf's DH gets mad when she gives him a list, but he doesn't do anything... That would drive me even more nuts.

I'd love to have someone come in a straighten up one a week or very 2 weeks - but we can't even get the house straight enough to have someone do that. And now we don't have 'dump' rooms - that was what the nursery was and so was his computer room. But the things that were in the nursery had to go somewhere.....

I have a tendency to be a pack rat - but he makes me look like a pack gerbil. And so since we've moved in together and then got married, I've had to be more strident about throwing things out. So I've had to change because otherwise I'm afraid we'd end up on hoarders.

But I can only change so much. I need him to give too.

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Mar 15, 2011 3:09 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

We haven't try probiotics. DH wants to ask his dr about it. His appt is on Monday. He's getting sick from the daycare. But it had been this frequently since we got back from PR. I don't know if that have something to do about it.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Posted: Mar 15, 2011 3:19 PM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Sy - Sorry Dylan's sick again. I think there's a lot of things going around right now. I have a lot of friends up in your area who have kids who are sick.

It makes good sense to check with Dylan's doctor about the probiotics.

future_mrz_mart... Posts : 6 Registered: 1/11/11
Posted: Mar 15, 2011 7:38 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Had another Dr appt today and find out the sex of my baby. I'm having a girl! My doctor says my weight gain is a little better and my bp is down, so that's good. My boyfriend is excited about being a dad but was hoping for a boy. I think when she gets here is going to forget all about wanting a boy tho.

Brooke051609 Posts : 723 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Mar 15, 2011 7:53 PM Go to message in response to: future_mrz_mart...

Congrats Mrs Martinez!! That is very exciting!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 10:42 AM Go to message in response to: future_mrz_mart...

Congrats FMM!

My cousin and his wife had their baby girl this weekend. She was about 4 weeks early, but all is well and she's already home. She was almost 6 lbs, so they've been up for more often feedings but things are going well.

Now if my munchkin would move a little more, I'd be a happy camper over here. I've always felt way less movement than most people, not sure why - combination of my weight, placenta being in the front, etc etc I guess. So EVERY time they say that you should feel blah blah blah movements in so many hours - I don't and it upsets me every single time (well, depends on my emotional state before they bring it up).

And the whole, drink something sweet and lie on your side for 2 hours counting movements - yeah - doesn't work for me. So please, don't suggest it. When I had the u/s the baby was moving and playing with it's feet and I felt NOTHING, so that's what I keep thinking about.

But it still seems like it's less movement than usual even for us, which of course has me concerned. sigh

MrsSy Posts : 504 Registered: 7/6/08
Posted: Mar 16, 2011 10:56 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Pharm, I wish ppl stop telling you things and making you upset. I think is like everything in pregnancy, is different for every woman.

At the U/S Dylan was moving a lot and I wasn't feeling it.

Proud Member of the P.O.O.P.

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 11:03 AM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

It's frustrating because they are like, if there's less movement then blah blah blah, come in ASAP and get checked out.

I'd be in EVERY DAY.

So I try to just look at it as well, is this different for us.

But then if I mention it, they are like Did you take a drink and lie on your side for 2 hours?

If that doesn't work NORMALLY WTF would it work now? So I just don't even mention it. Which also isn't good. sigh

MrsPaul Posts : 186 Registered: 1/15/08
Posted: Mar 16, 2011 11:10 AM Go to message in response to: MrsSy

Hi ladies!

I haven't posted in forever but I've been lurking. :)

Sy- I'm so sorry that Dylan is sick. I hope you are all feeling better soon.

Pharm- I don't feel movement some days and others he's a little nut in there. I know I'm several weeks behind you but I didn't feel movement until 20 weeks and a friend of mine who is three weeks behind me couldn't believe that I wasn't feeling anything yet. Most of the time I just wanted to tell her to shut it and I'm sure you feel the same way.

Brooke- I am so happy that you got to see the baby! You must be over the moon excited. I'm so, so very happy for you. :)

Has anyone heard from NJ? I'm sure she's doing wonderfully as a new mother! I hope that she posts pics of Brynn!

A friend just delivered twins the other day at 34 weeks. A little boy and a little girl. Both are happy and healthy at 4 lbs. They are so stinking little and cute!! Every time I see a baby now I get all anxious. I just want him to be here, NOW!!

We started to get the nursery cleaned out which was a major step for us. I think that the nesting has begun and I'm glad it's finally here because I need to get my ass in gear! :)

I have my GD test this afternoon. I'm sure my bp will be high again just due to nerves... We have to sign up for classes and start pre-registering for the hospital then I start going every 2 weeks until 36. I can't believe how quickly time is going by! I'm retaining quite a bit of water and swelling which is driving me crazy. I can't wear my wedding rings or my shoes.. flats it is and costume jewelry! I know it's all for a good cause but it still really sucks!

Oh, well!! I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

wedding ticker for myspace  BabyFruit Ticker

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 11:27 AM Go to message in response to: MrsPaul

MrsPaul - Most of the time I just wanted to tell her to shut it and I'm sure you feel the same way.

Oh and how!! LOL

Sounds like things are moving quickly for you now too!

Honestly, I found the birthing classes to be very informative and a bonding experience for my DH and I. I don't know if we'll remember it all, but at least we learned some info and while it's still daunting, I feel informed about my decisions should I need to make any. That's big to me. I like to be educated/informed if that makes sense.

I have a breast feeding class tonight that I'm hoping will be good. My DH is getting re-certified in CPR at work next week, including infant CPR. I think I'm going to try and take a class to get training.

Brynn and NJ are doing well. I'm sure she'll pop by when she gets a chance.

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Mar 16, 2011 1:52 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Love the quote! DH is actually the worst for telling me what I should or shouldn't do. Makes me want to smack him some days...

I hadn't heard about the frozen thing either for sushi. Interesting, we've eaten sushi a few times since I have been pregnant, but I just pick rolls without raw fish for now. Luckily one of my favorite rolls at the local place we go to doesn't have raw fish. I don't care for salmon or tuna in general so it makes the choices easier too. Eel is one of my favorites and its usually cooked. Yum, now I want sushi!!

Did you know salmon roe is actually one of the healthiest foods you can eat while pregnant?!?!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 2:05 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

I LOVE sushi - technically sashimi which is all raw fish and no rice. sigh LOL

My favorite roll is a spider roll, so that is a cooked soft shell crab and I could do rolls but I just haven't. I really like the salmon, not so big on tuna or roe of any sort.

My DH doesn't do sushi - he'll go out and get tempura or something, but he hasn't missed it! LOL

I do though - and I've missed it...And it's not something that I did often, so I meant to go out when we started trying and didn't find the time.

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Mar 16, 2011 3:08 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

I also enjoy an occasional glass of wine. I think DH actually has probably opened more bottles in the past 5 months than he did during my pregnancy with Faith and the breastfeeding Faith days! I can't even handle a full glass of wine anymore though. It makes me loopy immediately and my limbs feel so heavy. But it is nice after a stressful day!

Wine is about the only thing DH has relaxed on. He still fusses about mercury, caffeine, how much or how little I am eating, have I taken my vitamins, etc. But, he was way worse when I was pregnant with Faith. Once he actually had the nerve then to change my drink orders at a restaurant from ice tea to water... needless to say he never did that again!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 3:56 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

Probably the only thing that really worries my DH would be the wine. So I have a glass very sparingly and usually not around him. He knows that I do, but also knows that it is not remotely often. So he's OK.

Honestly, sugar is probably the worst thing for me and I can't get him to keep sweets out of the house. LOL And if it's there I'm eating it.... NO will power.

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 11:55 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Oh I forgot the one thing that he's been super great about is me getting on the treadmill.

They were worried about me possibly third spacing at my last appointment and therefore my overall water retention.

So getting on the treadmill is really good for that - and he's been really encouraging me to do that and it's helped me get on there. :-)

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine